Manager of Total Compensation and Benefits
Manager of Total Compensation and Benefits
Marist College invites applications for the position of Manager of Total Compensation and Benefits. This position is responsible for providing leadership and functional expertise in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, including survey participation, job evaluation, salary structure development, incentive plan design, and associated analysis as well as oversight of all health, life, disability insurance, paid time off, College benefit and retirement plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or related field.
- 8 years of progressive Human Resources experience, including 3-5 years of experience specifically in the design and implementation of complex compensation, benefits and wellness programs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work through processes, identify and implement process improvements and resolve complex matters
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Develops, recommends, implements and oversees the College’s classification and compensation programs and plans. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the consistent administration of the classification and compensation plans
- Develops, communicates and administers competitive total rewards strategies, including compensation, benefits, retirement, engagement and other work experience programs, that are cost effective and consistent with labor market trends and organizational objectives
- Ensures compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefits programs, including all ACA reporting.
- Provides leadership to and direct supervision of subordinate staff through effective coaching and performance management.
- Resolves disputes and communicates with employees in cases that cannot be routinely handled by subordinate staff.
- Oversees the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open enrollment process and the annual total compensation review
- Oversees leave management programs, including FMLA, NYPFL, ADA, and WC procedures in compliance with College policy, federal and states notices, forms, authorizations, etc.
- Manages the classification and compensation plans in accordance with College policies, HR policies and CBA’s
- Oversees the determination of appropriate FLSA status of positions
- Oversees the provision of internal consulting services, tools and information to management and employees on classification, compensation, organization and job design and analysis, and monitors classification and compensation practices to ensure equity and fairness
- Evaluates the compensation landscape to understand and learn from best practices through benchmarking and industry research and employment trends, tracks legislation, and makes recommendations
- Oversees the conduct of classification studies and establishes the basis for sound decision making on reclassifications
- Design and deliver classification and compensation communication and training
- Oversees the conduct of salary surveys and utilizes existing salary survey sources to determine and regularly monitor the College’s level of compensation competitiveness, internal equity, and cost effectiveness
- Develops, recommends, implements and oversees the College’s benefits and wellness programs and plans. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the consistent administration of the benefits and wellness plans
- Determines and implements metrics that assess and monitor the effectiveness of ongoing programs and initiatives
- Manages assigned resources within budget
- Perform other job-related duties as required or assigned
- Progressive experience in executive compensation, base compensation, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation and structure, and cost modeling as well as experience with self-funded insurance plans preferred
- Knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and emerging regulatory issues preferred
- Previous experience in Payroll and working with software a plus
About the Department and School
In strategic partnership with the Marist community, the Office of Human Resources is committed to cultivating an equitable and distinctive workplace. We do this through the attraction, development, and recognition of a diverse and talented workforce. Our team provides effective services and solutions in support of the College's mission and core values, including:
- Benefits and compensation administration
- Compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Employee and labor relations
- Employee records management
- Learning and development
- Performance management
- Policy development and interpretation
- Recruitment and retention
- Strategic planning
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
To learn more or to apply, please visit https://www.marist.edu/careers. Only online applications are accepted.
Marist College is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and is especially interested in receiving applications from members of ethnic and racial minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and persons from other under-represented groups.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie