***Posted and actively searching on February 11, 2021***Job Specific Required Qualifications
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 5+ years experience with significant accounting responsibilities.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
• Detail-oriented and demonstrates a “can do” positive attitude.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
• Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or reprioritization of projects.
• Strong communication skills-verbal and written.
• Ability to quickly learn Enterprise Resource Planning and report writing software applications, such as Ellucian Banner and Argos.
• Excellent skills in MS Excel and Word.
• Understanding and commitment to Kettering values:
o RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
o INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
o CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
o COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
o EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
• Not-for-profit accounting experience in a private college
• Knowledge of Ellucian Banner Finance software.
• Knowledge of Argos software.
• Tax experience in preparation of not-for-profit tax filings.
• Responsible for month and year end closing processes and
preparation of financial statements in compliance
• Analysis of monthly general ledger account activity, journal entries, accruals and reconciliation of various accounts.
• Responsible for investment accounting, including processing financial transactions; recording investment income, distributions, trades, and realized/unrealized gains/losses in coordination with custodial bank and investment advisor firm.
• Attend Board of Trustee investment committee meetings, with responsibility for carrying out investment directives with investment custodian, with guidance from consultants and approval of Vice President for Administration & Finance.
• General ledger maintenance of chart of accounts.
• Various treasury function responsibilities, including serving as bank liaison.
• Prepare quarterly endowment rebalancing.
• Assist in the preparation of audit work papers for year end audits with external auditors.
• Participate in annual budget process, including preparation of annual endowment budget.
• Assist in operating budget variance analysis.
• Prepare various reports for use with management and Board of Trustees.
• Prepare various external compliance reports.
• Respond to internal and external customer requests as appropriate.
• Prepare annual IRS Forms 990, and 990T.
• Assist the University in executing policies and compliance procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by the Controller.