Director, Gender Equity and LGBTQIA+ Life
Gettysburg College, in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who has a strong administrative, partnership and student development background to serve in this 12 month, full-time position as Director of Gender Equity and LGBTQIA+ Life. Gettysburg College is a highly selective, residential undergraduate liberal arts college, which enrolls approximately 2,600 students. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of College Life.
The primary responsibility of the Director is to serve as the central resource for students, further developing and facilitating programs and services, and providing leadership, coordination and support for their success.
- Implement a gender equity and LGBTQIA+ strategic plan, which is aligned with the goals of the College Life Division and broader institutional Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership on identifying and helping to address the academic, social, cultural, political and other well-being needs of students, as well as those of other student communities.
- Provide leadership for a student community fostering a strong sense of self and an environment of belonging.
- Provide resources and individual support to students concerning personal and interpersonal growth, development, and learning.
- Provide guidance to individual and groups of faculty and academic departments and programs to support gender equity and LGBTQIA+ student success as well as to further intellectual discourses on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging for the entire campus.
- Provide administrative leadership for the Women’s and LGBTQIA+ Resource Center.
- Serve as advisor for related student clubs (and other related student –initiated organizations and networks).
- Serve as House Mentor for QHouse, the College House focused on promoting the rights, safety, and comfort of LGBTQIA+ students on the Gettysburg College campus.
- Plan, execute, and assess programs and initiatives designed to support gender equity and LGBTQIA+ life and spread awareness of issues affecting students.
- Serve as a resource for students, staff, faculty, administrators, and alumni about issues relating to gender equity and LGBTQIA+ life.
- Create and facilitate a gender equity and LGBTQIA+ advisory group (with faculty, staff and student representation) to increase effectiveness, outreach and communication across campus.
This role includes, but is not limited to, working with divisional colleagues to facilitate ongoing social justice education experiences; collaborating with the Office of Residential Life and First-Year Programs to facilitate gender-inclusive housing, inclusive Orientation and other first-year initiatives; and working with the Office of Multicultural Engagement to implement inclusive pre-orientation programs.
In keeping with its strategic focus, Gettysburg College is interested in candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to providing leadership in building an inclusive, equitable and diverse campus community. Successful candidates will have experience working with campus partners to integrate their position’s primary responsibilities with creating a campus environment in which underrepresented students will thrive. This includes an interest and desire to work with students through a variety of initiatives, including, but not limited to, student advising and counseling, supporting student clubs/organizations, program planning, and assessment.
Collaboration and teamwork is an expectation of the College Life staff. A successful candidate for the Director position will be expected to work cross-departmentally with colleagues in support of the overall student experience and should expect to contribute to work groups, committees, and projects outside of the core responsibilities of this position. Gettysburg believes this cross-departmental involvement creates stronger teamwork, a better student experience and professional development opportunities for staff.
A Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs Administration, College Student Personnel, Counseling, or a related field is required. A minimum of three years of higher education experience in gender equity and LGBTQIA+ advising, advocacy, programming, and campus education or related experience are required. A minimum of one to three years of supervisory experience is also required. Competitive candidates will have a track record or a high degree of demonstrated interest in supporting and advocating for change across a broad spectrum of campus life. Competitive candidates will also have demonstrated skill in working within cross-cultural contexts, including interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills. Candidates should demonstrate qualities of innovation and creativity that help foster vibrant and engaged residential communities. Applicants must be student-centered and demonstrate a commitment to their own personal and professional growth. Candidates are also expected to engage in assessment as a tool to measure the effectiveness of the department’s program.
The Director of Gender Equity and LGBTQIA+ Life is 12 month, full-time administrative appointment. Salary is commensurate with experience and is complemented by an excellent benefits package.
Please visit our website to submit application materials (cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references) through our on-line system https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/3594. Application materials received by March, 5, 2021 will receive full consideration. Gettysburg College is committed to creating a more diversity community. As part of that process, the College encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Gettysburg