Assistant Professor - Nursing
The Niagara University School of Nursing is seeking outstanding nursing faculty candidates for both the Traditional 4-year Undergraduate and Post-Baccalaureate Accelerated Nursing Programs. The Assistant Professor positions are full-time tenure track based on Niagara University Lay Teachers Association (NULTA) requirements. The successful candidates will engage in excellence in academic endeavors including class instruction, clinical expertise, scholarly accomplishments, and service based on the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) standards. These faculty positions will facilitate student learning, identify the various means through which students learn, and support the students’ progress through the nursing program. The successful candidates will encourage and cultivate an ethos of learning where mutual respect and responsibility for the student experience is highly regarded. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The areas of interest for specialization include Medical /Surgical Nursing, Maternal Health/ Community, Pediatrics, Gerontology, Research, and Psychiatric Nursing practice. Additionally, an established portfolio of nursing research and publication in academic nursing journals.
· A current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
· An earned doctoral degree (Ph.D., EdD, DNP)
· A demonstrated record of professional and clinical nursing experience, classroom instruction, clinical and/or academic research and publication, service to nursing, and scholarly development
· Established record of presenting research papers and research findings at professional nursing conferences
· At least 5 years’ clinical experience as a registered professional nurse
· At least 3 years’ experience in classroom instruction, content and syllabi development and the management of student performance
· At least 3 years’ experience in teaching academic Nursing course content based on current curricula, NCSBN standards and NCLEX test plan.
· Established research record with the publication of findings in peer-reviewed nursing journals.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Fulfills educator role which aligns with the Niagara University School of Nursing model of curricula, student instruction and learning
· Plans and prepares classes using effective and adaptive strategies to engage students
· Actively engages in classroom instruction based on selected/assigned courses
· Provides timely feedback to students on tests, exams, papers, and other student performance metrics
· Maintains current knowledge of Niagara University and the School of Nursing academic and attendance policies
· Demonstrates a capacity for professional conduct and growth through concern for the welfare of students
· Supports and engages students to build confidence and competencies in preparing them for the NCLEX exam
· Designs classroom experience through the implementation of innovative lesson plans, and integration of current evidence-based content matter which meets the NCSBN standards
· Establishes and maintains a classroom environment conducive to student learning and development
· Maintains accurate student records based on assignments, testing modalities, and assessment of student knowledge acquisition. Submits student grades in a timely manner
Professional Faculty Role
· Participates in processes to provide students with support and guidance in their academic plan through advisement and coaching as appropriate
· Collaborates with School of Nursing faculty colleagues in the discussion, development, evaluation, and implementation of identified courses to promote consistency in instruction and learning.
· Participates in the professional development of self and colleagues involving instruction, scholarship, nursing skills, attendance at University activities, participation in academic committees and faculty/ staff meetings, curricula development, attendance at conferences, and educational seminars and sessions.
· o Maintains academic research in pursuit of requirements to align with the Tenure Track expectations as established through the NULTA Collective Bargaining Agreement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University