Title V Grant-funded (RFCUNY)
Located in the South Bronx, Bronx Community College (BCC) is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution that recently awarded a Title V Developing Hispanic Serving Institutions Grant from the US Department of Education entitled ¡Avanzando! First Year Success.
¡Avanzando! seeks to increase retention, graduation, and transfer rates for first-time full-time students by improving their pass rates in gateway math classes, extending evidence-based advisement practices and support, increasing the number of students receiving, retaining and responsibly using financial aid, and creating high-impact work-based learning experiences for BCC students in in-demand fields.
Reporting to the Title V Project Manager, the Financial Navigator will lead the activities of the Fiscal Stability goal area for this project. Duties include:
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the offices of Financial Aid, Admissions and Bursar and the project team to create a communication plan and training schedule regarding financial aid and financial literacy topics to be included within academic advisement.
- Work with the selected financial literacy vendor to plan, coordinate and facilitate training for academic advisors and peer mentors.
- Coordinate and help to promote the financial literacy vendor’s literacy workshops for students across a broad range of financial topics each year.
- Work with the Access Resource Center to provide 10 hours per week of 1-on-1 and/or small group student financial education and coaching.
- Collaborate with the Office of Financial Aid to promote and support month-long March Madness and Octoberfest FAFSA Completion events.
- Liaise with Office of Financial Aid to gather data regarding FAFSA, TAP and Verification completion for distribution to advising units for intervention.
- Create Financial Aid FAQs.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Education preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial services advising, and/or financial counseling experience.
- Proficiency with a spreadsheet and free online budget planning apps.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, within the department and with faculty and other administrators.
$55,000 - 60, 000
To Apply: Go to rfcuny.org. and click on ABOUT and “Search & Apply for a Job”
The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/ E-Verify Employer