Coordinator of Music Education/Assistant or Associate Professor of Music - Tenure Track/Tenured
Position Summary: The Department of Music at
Jackson State University is accepting applications for its
Coordinator of Music Education/Assistant or Associate Professor of
Music position. In order to receive full consideration
applications must be received by April 15, 2021.
Minimum Required Education: Terminal degree in music education required by date of hire, ABD considered.
Minimum Required Experience: A minimum or three years teaching experience preferred and active scholarly/artistic/performance life at the local, national, and international levels. Experience in either quantitative or qualitative research, curriculum development and on-line course delivery and development.
Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications: K-12 licensure, certification in Orff, Kodaly, and Suzuki recommended.
- Evidence of superior collegiate teaching.
- Strong potential for research and publications.
- Evidence of proficiency and appreciation for use of technology in teaching.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with PRAXIS Music Content Area Examination preparations.
- Familiarity and/or experience in NASM, NAfME, MDE, and SACSCOC standards as they pertain to music education.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in music education.
- Supervise and/or coordinate student teaching activities.
- Mentor and advise undergraduate/graduate music education students.
- Maintain active research agenda.
- Provide leadership and outreach activities associated with community music education.
- Develop Orff and Kodaly workshops for music education students and area music educators.
- Curriculum development in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Serve on department, college, and university committees.
- Other teaching responsibilities as required.
- Other duties as assigned based upon candidate's strengths.