Candidate should be able to interpret construction drawings as well as perform work from verbal instructions. Candidate has to install custom cabinetry, solid surface countertops, frame commercial walls, doors and drop ceilings. Candidate must be able to coordinate or schedule subcontractors, BCM carpenters, material and equipment on jobs. Candidate should be proficient with hand tools.
- Build and assemble all forms of cabinets and solid surface counter tops.
- Interpret construction drawings and order materials for projects.
- Build cold rooms, patient rooms, research lab benches, offices and entire office suites.
- Coordinates and schedules work with other trade personnel and contractors to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Install all types of mill work, aluminum framing, commercial doors and sheetrock framing.
- Maintains a clean work area and cleans up completed projects.
- Performs carpentry duties using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Follows up with customer to ensure quality and satisfaction.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five years of relevant experience in general carpentry and casework fabrication to include experience in estimating and coordinating jobs.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.