The Associate Bursar will oversee the Student Billing functional area in the Bursar's Office. Student Billing is made up of two areas which jointly manage front desk operations, phone bank operations, student refunds, student action form processing (such as the Tuition Dispute, Tuition Assistance Benefit, etc.), and most student/parent interactions with the university. This position supervises two direct reports and indirectly nine full-time employees, three 1% employees, and four student employees. This position reports directly to the Bursar and is a member of the Bursar's Office Leadership Team, which guides the operation and long-term goals of the unit.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of the Bursar’s Office at the University of Colorado Boulder is to efficiently enable and assist students and departments in meeting their financial obligations, with a focus on financial integrity and accountability. The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the management of key university financial resources and records and acts as a central collection point for university receipts.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Direction for Work Units
- Develop short and long-range plans for Student Billing. Provide training for unit managers and their staff, evaluating manager’s performance, and resolving informal grievances.
- Member of the Bursar’s Office Leadership Team.
- Assure the purpose, operating principles, core values, vision, mission, and value proposition of Student Billing are met by continuously reviewing the data to quantify progress toward stated goals.
Process and Policy Improvement and Development
- Work closely with the Student Billing team to find new and innovative ways to serve students.
- Regularly evaluate processes, procedures, and policies and update them as necessary.
- Stay tuned to national trends and best practices as they relate to customer service and student billing.
- Partner with other campus and system offices (particularly the Office of Financial Aid and the Office of the Registrar) to help build a more unified student experience, develop working relationships, and find opportunities to improve services to help accomplish the University's mission.
- Regularly meet with other Bursar's Office areas to troubleshoot and improve operations.
Department Leadership Initiatives
- Work closely with the Bursar and other members of the Bursar Leadership Team to provide direction and goals for the Bursar's Office.
- Identify opportunities for the Bursar's Office to improve employee engagement and morale.
- Help identify metrics to be used to analyze Bursar processes and procedures in order to improve efficiency.
What We Can Offer
Hiring pay range is $105,000 - $115,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in higher education with an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- One year supervisory experience in higher education.
What You Will Need
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Commitment to innovation and technology improvements.
- Experience in policy development and administration.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Experience working directly in a Bursar's Office at a large institution of higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 28, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder