Business System Professional
The Bursar's Office is welcoming applications for a Business System Professional . This position exists to program tuition and fees parameter per Board of Regents approval. The position ensures the accuracy of student accounts billing and refunding. This position schedules and maintains production processing for the CU-SIS Student Financial (SF) module. The position troubleshoots the system. The position meets with and gathers user requirements and translates them to technical requirements. This position makes day to day decisions related to student financial systems under the guidance of the Associate Bursar SFS and System Production Supervisor.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of the Bursar’s Office at the University of Colorado Boulder is to efficiently enable and assist students and departments in meeting their financial obligations, with a focus on financial integrity and accountability. The Bursar’s Office is responsible for the management of key university financial resources and records and acts as a central collection point for university receipts.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Production processes management
- The position will manage production processes for the initiative campus, main campus, CEPS (The Division of Continuing Education and Professional Studies).
- The position is responsible to develop, request, and review control setups and ensure business processes are in place and function properly.
- The position works with Associate Bursar SFS and other members of System Production team in helping to identify the production processes issues and recommends changes in programming and control setups as needed.
Tuition Calculation and Refund programming and troubleshooting
- The position develops and tests tuition and fees programming in CU-SIS-Student Financial module.
- Work with System Production Supervisor to edit equation engine and program different parameters for tuition, fees, and refunds calculations using SQL.
- The position is responsible for the accuracy of tuition, fees, and refunds calculated on student accounts.
- Act as a resource for both internal and external parties to troubleshoot CU-SIS system problems.
- The position needs to ensure accurate and timely billing for tuition, fees, refunds, etc.
- The position may also support the collection module including programming collection setup, extracting collection accounts, and system support for collection module users.
- The position will need to use query/reporting tools such as MS Access or PS query to help with CU-SIS system troubleshooting and to help with tuition and fees parameter validation.
- Work with Technology and Process Innovation team for tuition and fees QA process to ensure tuition and fees accuracy.
CU-SIS Development and testing
- Perform system testing when needed including but are not limited to bundle testing, NelNet upgrade testing, people tool testing, and CU-SIS development items testing.
- Ensure testing is completed. Work with System Production Supervisor to identify test cases and document test results as appropriate.
- Under the guidance of Associate Bursar SFS and System Production Supervisor, develop Business Case and Functional Specifications for approval by users.
- Under the guidance of Associate Bursar SFS and System Production Supervisor, participate in the university initiative program discussion to help identify business and technical requirements for the SF area.
- Coordinate with related parties in testing items that need end-user testing.
- The position is also responsible for the implementation of special projects as required by the Bursar's Office, and/or the University.
What We Can Offer
The hiring salary is $55,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Driven. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Experience working in higher education in the area of student records, student financials, and student financial aid may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Technology/technically oriented
- Able to understand the integration between technical and business requirements.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Information System or Management Information System or related fields.
- Higher Education work setting.
- Experience in integrated student systems such as Banner or Campus Solutions.
- Experience in query tools such as MS Access and PS query.
To apply, please submit the following materials: 1.A current resume. 2.A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by March 8, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder