Coordinator Welding Technology Labs
Coordinator Welding Technology Labs
2550 Bending Branch Way,, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Coordinator Welding Technology Labs
Responsible for coordination of daily operations of the welding technology labs. Provide supervision and direction to lab technicians/assistants. Ensure operation of lab equipment and technical classroom support of faculty and students in a safe and productive environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, plan, and prioritize the overall coordination of laboratory activities for welding technology labs; adapt and applies laboratory methods, practices, and techniques common to designated area. Direct or perform the preparation of student experience and demonstrations, performing routine and analytical work; pilot new labs to be considered. Implement new or modified laboratory policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure handling and storage of supplies, and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and materials. Collect and maintain data, records, and other information and submit reports as required.
- Coordinate, operate, and monitor lab facilities and activities. Direct and organize preparation of lab materials, supplies, workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure efficient lab operations.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain safety standards and departmental policies and procedures to comply with federal, state, and local hazardous materials, health and safety hazardous waste regulations, and other applicable regulations with EPA, OSHA, DOT, WECM, SACSCOC, AWS, and other regulatory agencies and acts.
- Initiate purchase requisitions, controls expenditures, prepares cost estimates for budget recommendation and submits justifications and requests for capital outlay items. Prepare specifications and analyzes bids for purchases.
- Operate, install, maintain, and trouble-shoot equipment. Set up, configure, and calibrate new equipment. Write instructions and standard operating procedures for equipment operation. Perform routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with use of lab equipment and facilities.
- Perform assigned special projects or assignments based on unique laboratory needs.
- Schedule, train, monitor work of welding technology lab technician(s)/assistant(s) and other staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree in welding from a regionally accredited institution.
One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
One (1) year certification in welding from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year lab, classroom or field experience OR equivalent military training in welding may be substituted for the education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of welding technology
- Knowledge of laboratory tests, experiments, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of hazardous material/waste handling and disposal
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective assistance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audio/visual equipment skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to identify and resolve lab technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software
- Ability to use related laboratory software applications
- Ability to follow and enforce lab policies, protocols and guidelines established by the department
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidential work-related information and materials
- Ability to handle lab materials with precision and accuracy
- Ability to understand and follow precise instructions and directions
- Ability to strategically work with culturally diverse student body
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,315.00 - 49,812.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney