Assistant Women’s Softball Coach
SALARY: $4,963.50 Annually
OPENING DATE: 2/10/2021
CLOSING DATE: 3/3/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Athletics & Physical Education Center/Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, Head Softball Coach
The Assistant Women’s Softball Coach is responsible for supporting Middlesex College’s vision, mission and strategic objectives. The part-time Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach by providing effective leadership and day-to-day administration for the sport while fostering skill development and teamwork among student athletes. This is a part-time position.
Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Assistant Softball Coach assists in monitoring the academic and athletic performance of student-athletes to ensure success and compliance with NJCAA and College policies and procedures.
1. Recruits and maintains the appropriate number of student athletes to be able to compete at the highest level within NJCAA and Region XIX.
2. Promotes the Softball program and Middlesex College in the community and high schools, including the recruitment of student athletes for the College Softball team.
3. Conducts, supervises team practice sessions, and assists the head coach with the program scheduling.
4. Provides individual and team instruction, skill development and techniques, conditioning and preparation and learning opportunities for the softball team and members.
5. Monitors team members' academic progress and performance and make referral to appropriate College office and services to enhance students’ academic success.
6. Assists with athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms and medical examinations for practice and team eligibility.
7. Regular attendance at games, practices and meetings is required.
8. Reports any incidents of player injury, misconduct, disruptive behavior, and travel/transportation accidents.
9. Coordinates fall-season and off-season softball team activities, including strength training, academic support, and referrals.
10. Attends Open Houses, Monthly Coaches Meeting, Annual Staff/Coaches Retreat, and Athletic Banquets.
11. Responsible for team fundraising projects and other programs sponsored by the department.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree
• Successful varsity high school, collegiate, or related softball coaching experience
• Recruiting experience
• CPR/AED or First Aid Certification (able to obtain upon hire)
• Valid Driver's License
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge of NJCAA and NCAA academic requirements and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
SCHEDULE: Nights/weekend work required
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Edison