Financial Aid Advisor
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
Develop, negotiate and finalize student
financial plans consistent with financial planning policies and
procedures and with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid.
Work closely with new, continuing and re-entry students and their
families to ensure the financial plan and re-plan continue to best
meet the families' needs. Counsel students on all acceptances and
other matters related directly to the student financial plan.
Assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to
clients; development, growth, involvement and recognition of
employees; sound economic principles; and an environment which is
conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is
considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Work cohesively with Admission Representatives in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Efficiently and accurately package assigned students which includes new, continuing, re-entry and transfer students.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA and review the resulting ISIR, assign the appropriate budget, and package the students correctly.
- Create financial plans for assigned students in compliance with institutional policies and Federal regulations, communicate the plan to students and parents, and effectively explain rights and responsibilities for each aid source.
- Assist students and parents with alternative means of financing any remaining balance after awarding eligible federal, state, or institutional aid
- Ensure student files are complete and accurate and that aid is paid to students' accounts in a timely manner.
- Review and complete Basic Verification and C Code Reviews for students as necessary.
- Utilize reports to review students, analyze work needed, and work with the Director of Financial Aid for priorities.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline preferred OR Associate's Degree plus 3 years of related experience with federal and student financial aid, OR 5 years of related experience with federal and student aid.
- Customer service, problem-solving approach to work.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to make small group presentations as well as skill in interacting as an individual contributor.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently, and make decisions based on guidelines.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid software (Campus Vue/Campus Nexus preferred)
The environment is dynamic and goal
oriented requiring multi-tasking of responsibilities at all times.
This position requires the ability to work effectively with a
variety of personalities both within the school and with the
public. A caring and self directed nature is essential. Must
possess a desire and ability to study, practice and obtain
additional knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis to remain well
versed in financial aid program offerings, policies and procedures.
The operating environment requires strict adherence to all
regulatory requirements and internal policies. The position works
extensively with the financial aid staff and the admissions
department personnel. Outside contacts include prospective students
and applicants, their families and guests, and others such as
government agencies, public school systems and private businesses.
The duties and characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a
disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or
without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential
functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in
person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic
means, move about the office or school, handle various types of
media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe
and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10
pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Required Education Associate Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery