Financial Aid Advisor
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
negotiate and finalize student financial plans consistent with
financial planning policies and procedures and with Federal/State
regulations for awarding aid. Work closely with new, continuing and
re-entry students and their families to ensure the financial plan
and re-plan continue to best meet the families' needs. Counsel
students on all acceptances and other matters related directly to
the student financial plan. Assure that
the South University philosophy: quality services to clients;
development, growth, involvement and recognition of employees;
sound economic principles; and an environment which is conducive to
innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in
carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Work cohesively with AdmissionRepresentativesin order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Efficiently and accurately package assigned students which includes new, continuing, re-entry and transfer students.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSAand reviewthe resulting ISIR, assign the appropriate budget, and package the students correctly.
- Create financial plans for assigned students in compliance with institutional policies and Federal regulations, communicate the plan to students and parents, and effectively explain rights and responsibilities for each aid source.
- Assist students and parents with alternative means of financing any remaining balance after awarding eligible federal, state, or institutional aid
- Ensurestudent files are complete and accurate andthat aid is paid to students' accounts in a timely manner.
- Review and complete Basic Verificationand C Code Reviews for students as necessary.
- Utilize reportsto review students, analyze work needed, and work with the Director of Financial Aid for priorities.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degreein a related disciplinepreferredORAssociate's Degreeplus3 years of related experience with federal and student financial aid, OR5 years of related experience with federal and student aid.
- Customer service, problem-solving approach to work.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to make small group presentations aswell as skill in interacting as an individual contributor.
- The ability tomulti-task, workindependently,and make decisions based on guidelines.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aidsoftware(CampusVue/Campus Nexus preferred)
and goal oriented requiring multi-tasking of
position requires the ability to work effectively with a variety of
personalities both within the schooland with the
public. A caringandself
essential. Must possess a desire and ability to study, practice and
obtain additional knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis to
remain well versed infinancial
offerings, policies and procedures. The operating environment
requires strict adherence to all regulatory requirements and
internal policies. The positionworks
extensively withthe financial
aid staff and theadmissions
department personnel. Outside
contacts include prospective students and applicants, their
families and guests, and otherssuch
as government agencies, public school systems and private
businesses. The duties and characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual
with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with
or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential
functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in
person, over the telephone,video
and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle
various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise
identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required
to life up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.Other details Required Education Associate Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery