Full-time Instructional Faculty, English
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The Full-time Instructor/Instructional Faculty provides teaching and instruction to South University students. This is a remote position supporting South Online students that requires extensive student contact and engagement attending to students as needed including evenings and weekends. Instructional Faculty collaborate with other faculty and staff members to achieve an excellent overall experience for every student. In addition to the primary responsibility of teaching, full-time instructors serve as subject matter experts within their assigned discipline. This is a remote position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Teaches assigned courses within the qualified discipline
- Ensures consistent achievement of effective student outcomes in course success, persistence, retention, and overall graduation
- Maintains a high level of engagement with each student
- Provides and obtains exemplary instructional support for students
- Serves as a course content expert
- Maintains courses to ensure learning, currency and persistence goals
- Ensures prompt resolutions of academic concerns for students
- Coordinates often and effectively with student graduation support team
- Participates in regular remote meetings and faculty development opportunities
responsibilities as assigned by the academic
The successful South University Fulltime Instructor must be passionate for and gifted in supporting students in their learning needs. Achieves high student course success and persistence rates.
Education and/or Experience:
Faculty Teaching Undergraduate and/or Certificate Courses should:
- Possess a terminal degree or master's degree in the teaching discipline or in a closely related discipline from an accredited program/college/university or
- Possess a terminal degree or master's degree in any field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline or in a closely related discipline from an accredited program/college/university or
- Possess the highest degree in the teaching discipline/field with a certification or license and a minimum of two years' experience in the teaching discipline/field.
- Possess experience
teaching at the college/university level
- Possess a terminal degree in the teaching discipline or in a closely related discipline from an accredited program/college/university or
- Possess a terminal degree in any field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline or in a closely related discipline from an accredited program/college/university or
- Possess the highest degree in the teaching discipline/field with a certification or license and a minimum of five years' experience in the teaching discipline/field.
- Possess experience
teaching at the college/university level
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
Academic Processes - Knowledge of university guidelines, course descriptions, and academic terminology
Clerical - Knowledge of office administrative procedures, primarily managing files and records
Computer - Knowledge of basic computer processes including word processing, web browsing, and Microsoft Office including basic skills in Microsoft Excel
Technical Knowledge and Application-Willingness to apply extensive use of video in course instruction, including self-made
Mathematics - Knowledge of basic mathematics
Critical Thinking - Uses logic and reasoning to look at different types of information in order to make conclusions and work through problems
Research - Locates key facts and information in order to learn more about different types of information
Interpersonal Skills - Communicates and interacts with people effectively while being aware of social perceptions
Time Management - Manages one's own time to accomplish assigned tasks
Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task ensuring all aspects are reviewed
Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
Selective Attention (Focus) - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
Organizational Skills-The ability to organize large amounts of information and tasks
**The individual must be able to travel out of the local area with an occasional overnight stay to participate in selected conferences and meetings.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Pay Type Salary Required Education Master's Degree