Bulloch County 4-H Youth Development Agent
Posting Number F0823P Working Title Bulloch County 4-H Youth Development Agent Department CAES Southeast District CES About the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia ( UGA ), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education ( http://www.uga.edu/ ). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the College/Unit/Department
UGA Cooperative Extension was founded in 1914 to bring research-based agricultural information to the people of Georgia. County agents and specialists throughout the state share information on issues like water quality, profitability in agribusiness, family wellness, and life skills. County agents provide soil and water test kits and instruction, advice on safe pesticide use, publications, computer programs, and lessons in consumer skills to improve Georgians’ quality of life. They are the local experts in food safety, proper eating habits, child safety, and parenting. UGA Extension coordinates 4-H, Georgia’s largest youth program. Each year, almost 200,000 young Georgians participate in community projects, summer camps, and conferences on today’s issues while having fun and learning to work together. The leadership skills and values they learn in 4-H last a lifetime. UGA Extension reaches more than 2.6 million Georgians through education programs each year. Millions more rely on UGA Extension’s publications, educational news articles, and public television programming for advice and information.
College/Unit/Department website https://extension.uga.edu/county-offices/bulloch.html Posting Type External Retirement Plan TRS or ORP Employment Type Employee Benefits Eligibility Benefits Eligible Underutilization Minorities Advertised Salary Minimum $47,000/year starting for Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $36,000) as well as an excellent benefits package as a faculty member of the University of Georgia. Reimbursement for business travel will be provided. Anticipated Start Date 04/01/2021 Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings) Job Posting Date 02/10/2021 Job Closing Date Open until filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Location of Vacancy Savannah Area EEO Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Classification Title Public Service Professional AC FLSA Faculty Rank Open Rank Contract Type Fiscal (12 mo.) Tenure Status Non-Tenure Track Minimum Qualifications Position Summary
This position manages the 4-H Youth Development educational programming in Bulloch County. It provides educational opportunities for youth in 4-H club meetings, coordinates local activities, and prepares youth for project and judging events. Delivers 4-H Programming in a variety of settings including in-school, afterschool, and through participation in state and district events. It utilizes the expertise of and works closely with advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identifies needs, and assists in developing educational programs. It develops a Plan of Work that is equitable in meeting the varied socio-economic needs of the county and collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs.
This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable private vehicle for official duty travel are required. Reimbursement for business travel will be provided. Transportation of others including 4-H Youth and Adult Clientele is also a common and necessary function of the job. 4-H competitions, overnight camps, and other events are conducted at district and state levels and necessitate travel and transport of participants.
A Master’s degree in Human/Youth Development, Sociology, Education, Agriculture, Family & Consumer Sciences, Recreation, or related area.
A Bachelor’s degree is acceptable for a Public Service Provisional appointment. This provisional faculty classification is offered for no more than three years without review. You may apply for a regular service faculty appointment upon completion of an advanced degree or successful progression through the public service promotion process. See the University of Georgia Guidelines for Appointments and Promotions for Public Service and Outreach Academic Rank for complete details http://outreach.uga.edu/policies/appointment-and-promotion-guidelines/
Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
-Ability to organize and carry out activities and manage educational programming for youth
-Demonstrated communication ability
-Skills in leadership and management
-Ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs
-Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and engage with groups and committees
-Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
-Ability to speak to/teach large groups of residents
-Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with county, district, and state staff, local government employees, and clientele
-Ability to show high standards of professionalism in personal contacts, appearance, and work habits
-Ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication
Physical Demands Is this a Position of Trust? Yes Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources? No Does this position require a P-Card? No Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position? No Is driving a responsibility of this position? Yes Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care? Yes Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications) No Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.
• Develops a plan of work that is equitable in meeting the needs of the county’s varied socio-economic population
• Delivers 4-H Programming in a variety of settings including in-school, afterschool, and through participation in state and district events.
• Provides leadership for Program Assistants, volunteers, and teen leaders in delivering 4-H and Youth programs
• Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
• Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
• Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s view of extension programming
• Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
• Ensures the Civil Rights/Equal Opportunity plan of UGA Cooperative Extension is followed and that volunteers and clientele understand Cooperative Extension offers educational programs, assistance, and materials to all people without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or veteran status
• Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in the community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
• Utilizes the expertise of and works closely with advisory groups, community leaders, public officials, and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
Percentage Of Time 100 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position is located in the UGA Cooperative Extension
office in Statesboro, Bulloch County, GA. Are you willing to work
from this location?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- List of References with Contact Information
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Extension Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Athens