Vice Chair for Clinical Operations and Quality
Employees hired into Administrative and Professional positions posted on or after July 1, 2017, will be governed by and, if employed on July 1, 2018 will move into the new University Human Resources System. For additional information, go to http://greatplace.vcu.edu.
Position Number F66910 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Teaching and Research Faculty Rank Open Working Title Vice Chair for Clinical Operations and Quality School/Unit School of Medicine Department Family Medicine & Population Health Number of Months 12 Tenure Status Open Grant funded position? No
Mission or Goal of Unit
The VCU Department of Family Medicine and Population Health exists to:
• Improve the health and well-being of the people of Virginia and beyond
• Advance the science of epidemiology, family medicine, and public health by means of innovative, interdisciplinary research
• Educate ourselves, our patients, our learners, and other stakeholders
• Provide high quality primary care, public health services, and lead their integration
• Train the next generation of epidemiologists, family physicians, and public health professionals
Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal
The Department of Family Medicine ( DFM ) at Virginia Commonwealth University ( VCU ) is seeking a senior family physician to serve as Department Vice Chair for Clinical Operations and Quality. This position plays an essential role in maintaining and advancing our vision of becoming a world-class leader in improving the health care and health equity here in Virginia and beyond.
The Vice Chair will work closely with the Department Chair to lead and advance our innovative Department and Clinical Operations. Additionally, this position will supervise the medical directors of our clinical sites, and report directly to the Chair of Department as well as be the Department’s principal representative in all primary care ambulatory governing bodies, committee meetings and other appropriate activities that pertain to clinical care at VCU Health.
The job responsibilities will include:
• Oversee clinical programs, quality improvement efforts, and support medical directors and other leaders.
• Implement population health approaches and implement strategies to support value-based care across all practices.
• Contribute to development and implementation of departmental strategic planning, budgeting, management, and operations.
• Clinical program development as well as assisting the Chair in relevant MCV Physicians ( MCVP ) or VCU Health System activities.
• Plan, implement and manage regional satellite practice development.
• Provide direct patient care and family medicine education.
• Promote scholarship in family medicine and population health.
• Board certified in Family Medicine with a track record of success in the administration of large clinical programs, preferably in an academic environment
• Successful candidates will have progressive leadership and administrative experience in family medicine educational, research, and clinical programs
• Eligible for appointment as associate professor or professor in the Virginia Commonwealth University’s School of Medicine
• A well-developed scholarly/research portfolio with evidence of multi-disciplinary applications and external funding appropriate to complement and expand existing expertise in the department
• Licensed or license eligible in Virginia
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Candidates with additional training and experience (e.g., faculty development or other leadership training) as well as demonstrated scholarship and active contributions to national organizations.
Date Posted 02/10/2021 Open Until Filled Yes Application Deadline Date Proposed Hire Date 07/01/2021 Type of Search National Application Process/Additional Information
Initial faculty appointment will reflect the successful applicant’s qualifications and professional achievements. For additional information, please email the department administrator, Tom Treleaven, at email@example.com.
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion – an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
Applicants are requested to submit a Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (typically between 150-300 words) providing your career aspirations and contributions toward promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Through this statement, you can share how your lived experiences; and past, present, and future academic and professional activities have or will contribute to VCU’s mission of promoting equity and
Note: Examples include working with others to further the goals of equity and inclusion; leading in any capacity that tangibly promotes an environment where diversity is welcomed, fostered, and celebrated; creative activity, research and scholarship that promotes equity and parity; teaching and mentoring students, and/or engaging with faculty and/or staff from traditionally underrepresented groups to create a positive and successful organizational experience.
Posted Salary Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103418 Diversity Statement Information For more information on diversity statements, including guidelines, please click here . Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Diversity Statement (Required for all Faculty)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3