Assistant Regional Director- SBDC Network Budget & Compliance - (STA006910)
Directs budget and compliance for the UH Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network, including four UH advising centers and ten Subrecipient centers. Responsible for the planning and implementation of policies, procedures and budgets, and financial reporting for the centers and administrative units located throughout the Texas Gulf Coast SBDC Network area. Acts on behalf of the Deputy Director, Network Administration in his/her absence.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the annual budget from all funding sources. Provides financial accountability and ensures compliance with state, university and external funding agencies guidelines and regulations.
- Directs all grant administration and federal compliance management for the Network in accordance with applicable federal circulars, code of federal regulations, and agency guidelines.
- Develops and maintains cost-benefit analyses and budgetary forecasting methodologies to guide strategic planning decisions. Advises the Deputy Dir, Network Administration on all contractual, budget, compliance, and fiscal issues. Provides recommendations on Network resource allocations.
- Assists with the development/writing/editing of contracts and sub awards to external sources, RFPs/ITBs, Scopes of Work, Recommendations for Award, and sponsor proposals and performance reports.
- Provides direct oversight of SBDC business staff responsible for financial reporting and reconciliation/verification, including the accurate and timely submission of required reports and financial statements.
- Assists with the development of grant/cooperative agreement/contract proposals to external funding agencies and is responsible for the development of reporting procedures and processes to ensure timely submission to sponsoring agencies and SBDC department heads.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of financial management systems necessary to resolve information tracking issues and to ensure that bookkeeping, contracting, accounting, and reconciliation/verification processes are efficient and effective.
- Provides direction and oversight of financial reviews of field centers and administrative units for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Ensures implementation of internal control policies and procedures required to support cash/revenue collection, inventory control, accounting requirements and financial reporting.
- Develops and implements the SBDC information systems, marketing, training, and other departmental budgets and oversees the administration
Additional Job Posting Information:
Assistant Region Dir – Budget and Compliance
- Advanced knowledge of federal award pre and post award requirements governing contracts and grants
- Extensive budgeting and compliance experience, grants management experience
- Extensive participation in federal audits or financial reviews. Experience conducting financial reviews of subcontractors for financial and program compliance
- Extensive budget development, fund accounting, and financial reporting experience
- Experience with management of multiple contracts with subcontractors and vendors.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills required
- Strong supervisory experience of multiple direct reports and units/centers providing business related client services required
- Must possess strong financial and business analytical skills
- CRM or database management experience required, including creation and generation of custom reports
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills required, and demonstrated experience in making presentations, and engaging in public speaking
- Excellent written communication experience required to include generating technical reports, contract and grant applications, vendor RFPs, contracts and SOW
- Advanced use of incorporating technology in virtual environment – Zoom, Teams, etc., as well as full competency with MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Background in working in the public sector, preferably in higher education or the not-for profit sector.
- Management/supervision of all back-office business operations including payroll, purchasing, AP/AR, contracting, travel, HR, and IT functions
- Strategic planning development and management experience
- Strong supervisory experience of multiple direct reports and of multiple units/centers
- Demonstrated knowledge of entrepreneurship, economic development
- Knowledge of the SBDC program
- Master’s degree in business, management or related discipline from an accredited college or University
- Business outreach experience, building productive relationships with key program stakeholders and partners.
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston