Program Outreach & Education Coordinator - (STA006942)
Serves as coordinator for community outreach and education for a program in a center or college.Job Duties
- Work closely with program leaders to implement program specific directives.
- Assist with expansion of consumer participation and recruitment strategies.
- Interview/recruit consumers in the target community to determine needs.
- Provide assistance to case management.
- Provide community outreach and education based on program guidelines.
- Track and compile client questionnaires for central intake.
- Refer clients to community resources and provide application assistance when necessary.
- Record and prepare reports as required by program standards.
- May conduct home visits and/or necessary one-on-one consultations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information
Role: Coordinated Care Case Manager
UH Title: Bilingual Program Outreach and Coordinated Care Case Manager
Assist with recruitment strategies for men (as needed) and pregnant women, women of childbearing age, and women with children under the age of 18 months old.
- Assist in identifying strategies to increase first trimester recruitment
- Provide community-based counseling and aid to consumers and their families requiring maternal and child health assistance.
- Interview consumers in the target community to determine needs associated with maternal and child health; secure medical/psychological information and social factors contributing to gaps in services.
- Disseminate Maternal/Child Health information in the target community.
- Counsel and aid consumers and their families requiring maternal and child health assistance.
- Interview consumers in the target community to determine needs associated with maternal and child health.
- Secure information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to gaps in services provided to consumer.
- Assist with the expansion of consumer participation for the UH Healthy Start Community Action Network (CAN).
- Conduct home visitation when necessary.
- Compile records and prepare reports.
- Counsel client individually, in family, or in small groups regarding plans for meeting needs.
- Aid clients to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning.
- Refer clients to medical homes, community resources and other organizations to service duplication.
- Candidate will devote 50% of the weekly schedule to conducting Outreach and Recruitment activities on behalf of the Healthy Start program; and 50% of the weekly schedule to providing Coordinated Care Case Management services to UH Healthy Start participants enrolled into the program.
Education - Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University in Social Work, or other related field; four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Please add: experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience with low-income families and in the area of Maternal and Child Health
- Knowledge and expertise in family assessments.
- Knowledge of maternal and child health concepts and current trends; psychosocial and family assessment; experience in working with targeted population, community organizations, and coordinating events.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required. Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure man
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston