Assistant Director for Research Integrity
University of Idaho
Assistant Director for Research Integrity
Division/College: University Research (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $55,000 per year or higher depending in education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Assistant Director oversees the development and management of research regulatory compliance efforts as required by state and federal laws and university policies and procedures concerning conflict of interests, consulting activities, nepotism, research misconduct, export controls, and foreign government influence. The position writes and maintains policy and procedures, training, ethics, and operating protocols for the efforts listed above. This position is the university's subject matter expert regarding conflicts of interest, research misconduct, export controls, and foreign government influence within the university. Responsibilities include the implementation of applicable procedures, regulations, and compliance as it pertains to researchers and sponsors; and providing advice and guidance to faculty, staff, and student researchers on the same. The Assistant Director is essential to ensuring all conflict of interests and significant financial interest disclosures are appropriately routed and reviewed in compliance with statutes, regulations, and University of Idaho policies. In addition, the coordinator will provide training on standard operating procedures and regulations to faculty, staff, and student investigators both on and off the Moscow campus. The Assistant Director also provides guidance to the applicable committees.
The Assistant Director accomplishes a wide variety of tasks with considerable independence and must exercise discretion in applying policies and procedures using professional judgment and demeanor in a manner that promotes a positive image for the Office of Research and Economic Development. The Assistant Director ensures safeguards for the flow of sensitive and confidential information.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration or related.
Three years of experience in research, legal, or compliance environment, or five years of progressive experience in research administration with extensive emphasis relative to this position.
• M.S., JD and/or other applicable advanced degree(s)
• Experience with conflict of interest policies, procedures, and federal regulations;
• Experience with export control policies, procedures, and federal regulations;
• Experience working in an academic setting;
• Experience creating online training and teaching/training various size groups;
• Interpreting and applying regulations, policies, and procedures;
• Independently researching, compiling, developing, and summarizing material for reports, and analyzing information;
• Identifying complex problems, defining alternatives, and developing recommendations for management/administrators;
• Working with research compliance issues in a professional setting;
• Experience in a confidential setting.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and proficiency in written, verbal, telephone, and group communications;
• Effective presentation, public speaking, and training skills;
• Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in work.
• Integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes;
• Identify and implement actionable steps to resolve problems;
• Balance competing demands for time and prioritize workload to meet strict deadlines;
• Work independently with minimal direction and as a team member in a collaborative, supportive manner;
• Exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002707P
Posting Date: 02/04/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration of applications will be those submitted on or before March 4, 2021.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.