Coordinator for Programs
University of Idaho
Coordinator for Programs
Division/College: Equity and Diversity
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $43,500 annually
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Reporting to the Women's Center Director, the Coordinator for Programs is independently responsible for the development and implementation of strategic educational initiatives, programs, and outreach to sustain and strengthen institutional support for all University of Idaho students, faculty, and staff, with an emphasis on: addressing the specific needs of women and other underrepresented groups; teaching about gender and issues relating to other social identities; the intellectual and social construction of feminism; and promoting equity and gender justice on campus. The Coordinator for Programs oversees all aspects of the Center's general programmatic and educational outreach. The Coordinator for Programs serves as a liaison to academic departments. The Coordinator for Programs plays a key role in the development of campus-wide strategies and support and advocacy initiatives to promote an equitable campus environment that is conducive to the successful retention and advancement of women. The Coordinator for Programs demonstrates and employs critical skills of judgment and discretion when making decisions in matters of significance to the unit and the institution at large.
• Bachelor’s degree in Women’s, Gender & Sexuality Studies; Sociology; Psychology, or related field.
• Experience with computer operation and software programs, including graphic design programs; program planning and implementation; conducting independent research; designing and conducting training programs; and providing liaison with customer/provider groups.
• Experience developing, recommending, and evaluating program procedures and recommending changes; providing technical program assistance to staff; writing concise reports, and developing and evaluating policies and procedures.
• Experience in designing educational and cultural enrichment programs around issues related to feminism, gender/sexuality studies, the dynamics of oppression, and social justice/social change.
• At least one year of experience providing specialized program planning and student support for young adults.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• Experience working with underserved populations.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Student Affairs and other university professionals.
• Experience with university-level Women’s Center leadership activities and programming.
• Experience handling crisis situations.
• Knowledge of federal laws relating to the program/project areas.
• Ability to make critical decisions without immediate direction or supervision.
• High level of skill and ability in writing, organizing, delegating and time management, public relations, and oversight of interns and volunteers.
• Proven ability to effectively manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002711P
Posting Date: 02/09/2021
Closing Date: 3/9/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.