RESEARCH COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
RESEARCH COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Posting Number: SRGV4891
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Research Compliance and Export Control
Scope of Job:
To plan, schedule, and coordinate detail phases of administrative matters related to research compliance areas including, but not limited to, Effort Reporting, Human Subjects Protection, Responsible Conduct of Research and Export Controls.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for collecting, organizing, reviewing, and analyzing documentation related to research records and activities in the assigned research compliance area(s) to determine whether proper university, state, and federal requirements are followed.
• Reviews and evaluates incoming applications based on federal regulations for completeness and potential concerns before forwarding for approval to the IRB Chair.
• Advises faculty members during the IRB application process to ensure compliance of application with regulations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of processes for assigned area(s) of compliance to ensure compliance with required protocols, laws, and regulations including, but not limited to, Human Subjects Protection and Export Controls in research.
• Guides and advises faculty on federal and state requirements, research protocols, and other government, local and university mandates.
• Disseminates information regarding current requirements and/or changes related to assigned area.
• Serves as liaison between faculty/staff and the Office of Research Compliance in the assigned area(s) of responsibility but not limited to, Institutional Review Board submission requirements, Responsible Conduct of Research, Time and Effort reporting and Export Controls.
• Ensures accurate management of records for regulatory review.
• Develops and delivers educational training programs on research compliance for the campus community, including faculty and/or students.
• Coordinates and participates in the conduction of audits related to assigned area.
• Develops and maintains databases to provide statistical information for reports, documents, and publications, as needed.
• Assists in the creation and update of policies and procedures related to research compliance.
• Attends training and conferences, as needed, and reviews publications/websites on relevant research compliance program information.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding subjects, records, and review of issues.
• Manages specific Research Compliance area web pages by providing updated information to the web master and ensuring all links are properly functioning.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
One (1) year of experience in the area of research compliance or closely related field, including experience utilizing databases.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Knowledge of complex federal, state, and local regulations. Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/13/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27393