DATA AND RESEARCH COORDINATOR
DATA AND RESEARCH COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV4887
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Weslaco, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Internal Medicine
Scope of Job:
To provide support in the coordination of all phases and activities of research projects. Responsible for the collection and analysis of data in preparation for publishing research findings of all projects and programs.
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates research and data collection procedures.
• Summarizes and interprets research findings.
• Performs quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
• Develops and edits manuscripts for publication.
• Develops surveys and instruments for data collection.
• Supervises data entry operation and procedures.
• Generates and distributes reports for the project and/or program.
• Identifies and pursues grant opportunities by drafting proposals and applications.
• Assists school district personnel/department in collecting data.
• May prepare and conduct presentations with respect to the program and/or project’s research findings.
• May perform other duties as assigned
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
General supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
Master’s degree or ongoing progress towards completion of a Master’s degree.
• Three (3) years experience in data collection, program evaluation, assessment and research, educational research, including report and/or manuscript writing, or
• One (1) year of the required experience with a Masters Degree.
Use of standard office machines. Must be proficient in software used for quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Some evening and/or weekend work. Occasional travel may be required.
• Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and procedures
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with presentational and interpersonal skills
• Effective organizational skills strongly desired
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/15/2021
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 09/30/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27371