Post Date: 11/20/2020
Position Available Date: N/A
Townsend Memorial Library at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor seeks a Reference Librarian. This is a twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position. Position is available January 2021 but start date could be extended to later in the Spring or Summer 2021, if selected candidate prefers.
UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include exemplary teaching, curriculum development, student advising; professional attainment; and service to department, college, university, and the community.
Specific Responsibilities: Coordinates all service activities of the Reference Department; participates in bibliographic instruction; develops research guides in assigned disciplines; serves as faculty liaison to assigned departments; participates in collection development; manages the annual library sabbatical.
- A master's degree in library and information studies from an ALA-accredited university.
- Must possess an appreciation for and ability to deal positively and sensitively with a variety of patrons.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills, a dedication to professional attainment, and a commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Must be an active and committed Christian.
- Employment experience in an academic library setting, to include reference and/or library instruction.
- A master's degree in library and information studies from an ALA-accredited university with a concentration/pathway in academic librarianship in preferred.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB's mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
To apply, visit https://umhb.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zc18o2aa86 $GUID$