Pace University, located in New York City, is seeking an experienced individual who is comfortable using technology and educating/training students, faculty, and staff on various instructional technologies in individual and group settings. As the key point of contact for the Office of Academic Technology specific responsibilities include managing demonstrations and workshops for faculty in classroom settings; providing support and training on all issues related to academic technology usage and implementation; assisting with regular reporting on all academic technologies and projects; creating print and digital promotional materials; testing and researching emerging technologies; managing and supporting existing tools such as Brightspace, ePortfolio, Digital Measures, video tools and others; and executing daily administrative tasks.
As the area of Academic Technology in Pace’s Division of Information Technology Services is constantly evolving, the position demands a flexible attitude toward duties as specific technologies are adopted or retired. The position is based in NYC but travel to other campuses is occasionally required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Information Technology, or related field is required (Master’s degree preferred)
- 2-3 years’ experience with instructional technology preferred
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn and teach new technologies
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems including Brightspace preferred
- Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM to 5PM; additional hours as needed
To apply, please visit: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/17167
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply. Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New York City