Faculty- Division of Clinical Medicine and Surgery
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
RVU offers benefits that include paid vacation, sick, holidays and 401(K)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Participate in teaching, service, scholarly activities/research, and appropriate administrative work at RVU.
Essential Job Functions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Actively participate in the education and instruction of RVU students, other health care professional students, and residents while providing mentorship and innovations for learning, research and scholarly activity in classroom environments, clinical settings, active learning groups, laboratory experience and simulation opportunities. Establish and maintain scheduled office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
- Provide service to the university community and students through serving on RVU and Office committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students, participating in community outreach events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Executive Director or Dean/Provost.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the university's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students and residents, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the COM meet the standards established by the faculty and college and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency established.
Marginal Job Functions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Terminal degree (DO or MD degree) with current Board Certification in Specialty.
- Academic and teaching experience at a medical school or in a Graduate Medical Education program.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Eligible for medical license and all required certificates in the state of Colorado.
- Eligible for coverage by university's malpractice insurer if applicable.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all position at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.