Assistant Professors of Engineering Technology
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STOUT
Assistant Professors of Engineering Technology (Job ID 16934)
The Engineering and Technology Department invites applications for full-time positions as tenure-track Assistant Professors in Engineering Technology, to prepare career-ready engineers and engineering technologists through hands-on learning experiences. The Engineering Technology (ET) program is accredited by ABET-ETAC and awards a 4-year bachelor’s degree on the completion of a hands-on, applied-learning-focused curriculum. The ET program is a part of the Engineering & Technology Department (E&T) at UW-Stout that offers a number of engineering and technology programs. The successful candidates will be expected to teach in the Engineering Technology (ET) program, in at least two of the areas listed in teaching responsibilities below. The anticipated start date is August 23, 2021.
Note: This job announcement is being announced simultaneously with the Full-time Instructor of Engineering Technology (Job #16936). Openings will be filled at either the Assistant Professor rank or Instructor rank. More details available in the How to Apply section below.
QUALIFICATIONS for Assistant Professor
Each of the following qualifications is required of all candidates:
- PhD in an engineering or technology-related discipline, OR Master of Science in an engineering or technology-related discipline, AND four (4) or more years of experience in industry (or a similar environment) in at least two areas of teaching responsibilities (see below) by employment start date
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technology-related discipline
- Ability to teach in a combined lecture and lab environment
- Excellence in oral and written English communication
RESPONSIBILITIES for Assistant Professor
- Teach courses related to two or more of the following topics (depending on experience and qualifications):
- Capstone Project/Senior Design Project
- Mechanical Design
- 3D printing and prototyping
- Wood processing and prototyping
- Establish and maintain laboratories and equipment
- Develop and maintain contacts and liaison with industry and professional associations
- Assess student learning and aid in maintaining program accreditation
- Develop curriculum
- Actively engage in research
- Participate in departmental and university service activities
The Engineering and Technology (E&T) Department is one of seven departments in the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Management (CSTEMM). The department has approximately 40 full-time faculty and staff, four of whom are full-time technicians. The department provides courses for its well-established and accredited undergraduate programs in Computer & Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering (B.S. and M.S.), Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Packaging, plus other programs throughout the University.
The University of Wisconsin-Stout offers a rich, dynamic and collaborative environment in which to work and grow. A member of the University of Wisconsin system, UW-Stout is unique within the system--it is named after its founder, James Huff Stout, and holds the distinction of being Wisconsin’s Polytechnic University, a designation which highlights our combination of applied learning, real-world experiences and a solid liberal arts foundation.
UW-Stout offers 49 undergraduate and 22 graduate degrees, including three terminal degrees. The current enrollment is approximately 8,000 students.
The UW-Stout campus community enjoys opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration, state-of-the-art facilities, and a modern digital environment. UW-Stout values innovative approaches to solving problems in society and industry, and encourages collaboration within and across disciplines and professions.
The university is on a beautiful campus in Menomonie, situated in western Wisconsin, 60 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley region with a population base of more than 200,000, Menomonie is a city of more than 16,400, surrounded by lakes, streams, and woodlands. For more information about the UW-Stout community and region visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/our-community
Facts and data about the university: https://www.uwstout.edu/about-us/meet-our-leadership/institutional-accreditation/fact-book
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UW System provides an excellent benefits package including participation in the Wisconsin State retirement plan.
- Benefit Details: http://www.uwsa.edu/ohrwd/benefits/summaries/fasl.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process. The reference check process includes asking the final candidate and most recent supervisor questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. Final candidates with previous employment within the UW System and State of WI agencies will be subject to additional reference checks.
Official transcripts required at time of hire.
A successful candidate must have authorization to work within the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
In response to a public records request, the University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in their online application, except that the identity of the successful final candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For campus safety information and crime statistics visit: https://www.uwstout.edu/life-stout/police-and-parking/clery-information.
HOW TO APPLY
This job announcement is being announced simultaneously with Job #16936. Having two position vacancy listings allows the Engineering and Technology Department to consider candidates with a different set of credentials for their current vacancies.
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the faculty, tenure-track position need to apply to:
- Assistant Professor of Engineering Technology (Job #16934) via: https://jobs.uwstout.edu/assistant-professors-of-engineering-technology-job-id-16934/job/15439171
- Applicants who wish to be considered for the full-time Instructor position need to apply to:
- Full-time Instructor of Engineering Technology (Job #16936) via: https://jobs.uwstout.edu/full-time-instructor-of-engineering-technology-job-id-16936/job/15439173
Required application materials:
- Cover letter (1 page or less), addressing how you meet the qualifications listed above
- Curriculum vitae (4 pages or less)
- 1-page document containing names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references (in addition to any fields in the online application)
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of bachelor’s, and master’s degrees (if applicable); official transcripts required at the time of hire
- Inclusivity statement (Separate one-page or less document) demonstrating your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion that supports student success
Applicants will need to complete all required fields and attach all required documents prior to submitting the online application.
Note: Once you have attached your materials and submitted your application you will not be able to go into the system and change them.
To ensure consideration, complete applications must be submitted online by 11:59 PM CDT on Sunday, March 14, 2021. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
Before starting the online application process we recommend you review the frequently asked questions (FAQs) available at: https://kb.wisc.edu/hrs/page.php?id=21900.
It is the policy of UW-Stout to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Abhi Ghosh
If you need assistance with the online application process or if you submitted your application prior to uploading all of the required application materials, please contact:
Search Coordinator: Monica Duncan
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Menomonie
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Menomonie
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Menomonie
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Menomonie
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Menomonie