Lead Information Security Administrator
Miami Dade College, is accepting applications for the position of Lead Information Security Administrator. The Lead Information Security Administrator assists in developing security standards and best practices for the institution, and recommends security enhancements to management as needed. Develops strategies to respond to and recover from a security incident. Responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers security controls which safeguard access to IT resources
- Performs security assessments of internal processes and systems; recommends mitigating actions
- Investigates security incidents, creates, and distributes related reports
- Maintains communication with vendors regarding security system updates and technical support security products
- Develops new or modifies existing security controls, processes, policies and procedures
- Promotes and administers security awareness among the user community
- Researches and recommends security solutions, to include technology architecture, software and hardware
- Performs security assessments of 3rd party technology solutions
- Coordinates with technology operation counterparts across institution on security initiatives
- Conducts electronic document searches in response to requests from the College Office of Legal Affairs
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a closely related field with a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in computing and security administration. CISSP or related certification
To learn more about this and other positions at Miami Dade College visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.