Business Intelligence ETL Data Developer I
We are looking for someone who loves all things data, loves a
challenge, and is looking for a dynamic and highly rewarding
position at a nationally respected University. Is this you?
Our Ideal candidates, like you, will help Miami University to continue to take big steps forward with our data analytic environment that is unifying multiple successful data-driven business intelligence and data analysis efforts across campus. This is a chance to help guide Miami’s data-driven future.
As the Business Intelligence ETL Data Developer and a member of our team, reporting to the Director of the Business Intelligence Center, you will have great opportunities to grow technically and professionally in multiple data-driven disciplines.
• As an important member of our agile team, you will build,
create, or improve solutions that help analysts transform data into
• Under guidance, develop ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes in support of client programs.
• Work with essential players to develop custom Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for the University.
• Assist with the development of end-user training and training materials.
• Work in partnership with the university offices to optimize the use of data-driven solutions, including the development of stories and test cases.
• Assist team members with providing tiered support to client offices.
• Document BI application deployments and services.
• Work with clients to improve University processes and to learn client business and tasks.
Require a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field earned by date of hire OR Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field earned by date of hire and two or more years of relevant experience.
This position is available to persons who are currently located and authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.)
We are looking for you to have basic knowledge and be able to
work under instruction in:
• PL/SQL and SQL programming
• Relational database architectures at enterprise scale. Environments such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or Redshift.
• Enterprise business intelligence and data analytics technologies, such as Oracle OBIEE, MS Power BI, Tableau, Oracle Warehouse Builder (OWB), and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
• Industry-standard data models such as Kimball’s dimensional model
• Analytical tools available in cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
• As a member of a team using Agile development techniques (Scrum or Kanban)