Part-Time Coordinator III, System Tech
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Part-Time System Tech Coordinator coordinates acquisition and tracking of all OTS equipment and software at the system level. Provides reports and information on OTS assets, capital assets, various assets and expenditures. Tracks budget and ensures compliance with purchasing procedures. Tracks individual projects within Project Costing. Works closely with AVC’s, Executive Director’s, Director’s and Managers to determine OTS operational needs and communication strategies. This position is a member of a 24/7/365 global department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the purchasing of goods and services for OTS, including preparation and evaluation of quotes and bids, preparation of requisitions, and receipt of goods and materials
- Reconciles credit card receipts against approved purchases and billing statements
- Monthly Reconciliation of all items ordered that have been received. Receive the PO in iStar. Contact vendor if items have not been received. Obtain invoices if necessary. Cancel any PO that we will not be receiving by end of Fiscal Year
- Budget Management - run a weekly report. Determine the funds remaining in each account
- Fixed Asset Management ( greater than $5K)
- License Management - Maintains accurate reports for licensing, age, cost, replacement cycle and locations of all campus related assets
- Tracks expenditures and prepares journal entries and budget revisions; completes budget vs. cost analysis throughout the year, in addition to expense projections, trend reports, ad hoc reports and project costing
- Budget Preparation - Calculate annual software renewal costs. Compare past annual purchases for toner cartridges, printer repair, and printer paper
- Ensures completion of hiring paperwork for new employees for the division, which includes employment verification, background check authorization, tax exemption forms, payroll deposit forms, retirement forms, and credentials verification
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of information technology concepts and processes at a system or multi- site level
- Familiar with standard business processes such as strategic planning, budgeting, and performance management
- Has full working knowledge of job responsibilities, procedures, practices. Understands purpose and operations of other teams within Director’s area and in other relevant IT and College areas
- Possesses research skills, communication and oral skills, telephone etiquette, customer service knowledge, contract knowledge and some budget experience
- Integrates new concepts, practices, and emerging technologies into strategic planning that affects own area
- Sees relationships among problem components and prioritizes them. Identifies solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist
- Balances competing short- and long-term goals in alignment with the larger area's direction and objectives. Guides team in developing improvements and innovations that enhance performance
- Identifies the people critical to resolving problems or reaching decisions and brings them together
- Expresses own ideas, and cultivates skills to listen effectively to ideas of management, peers, team, clients, and others
- Employs communication styles appropriate to the person or audience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively convey strategic, procedural and technical information, and translates that information into specifications or action plans. Writes and presents reports, contracts and/or proposals for internal and/or external audiences
- Addresses delicate situations, requiring tact and diplomacy, using strong writing and oral skills
- Cultivates practice of frequent, prompt, and responsive decision making, guided by specific policies and objectives
- Frequently persuades and negotiates in complex and/or sensitive matters. Influences through both formal and informal authority. Serves as a mentor, training resource and model to own team – both less experienced and more experienced staff
- Seeks opportunities and sets some goals for own development
- Acts decisively in critical situations or to circumvent a potential problem
- Knows and follows standard operating procedures
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School diploma and at least 3 years of increasingly responsible experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Hourly Pay Rate is $18.45
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Shenandoah