The Junior Accountant assists in the maintenance of accounting books and records. This position is responsible for reviewing general ledger and posting entries, reconciliations of all bank accounts, credit card accounting, system access monitoring and other accounting tasks as assigned. The position is also responsible for Accounts Payable.
Essential Functions to include, but not limited to:
- Analyze balance sheets and general ledger accounts.
- Reconciles bank accounts and monitor daily bank activity.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports and completing special projects.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Monitor and provide access to staff for system websites.
- General ledger posting, run daily reports and download investment reports.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Audits, reviews and processes all checks request/voucher to prepare for payment via check, E-check or credit card accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains and monitors AP and Corporate credit cards - issuing new cards, cancelling cards, managing credit limits and monitoring expenditures.
- Process yearly 1099’s – reviews vendor and process reports to be forwarded to vendor and IRS.
- Process yearly unclaimed property – research outstanding checks and forward to proper states for payment
- Maintain fixed assets report on a monthly basis to ensure all payments are recorded to the proper fixed asset and prepare yearly report for Controller.
- Monitor banking websites for check rejects, improper charges and any indications of fraud.
Qualified candidates will have an Associates degree in accounting and knowledge of budget modeling and analysis, grant preparation, and endowment accounting. One to two years general accounting experience including general ledger and financial statement preparation required. Position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Team player with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in busy office. Strong understanding of use of Excel spreadsheets, Word and general ledger software.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Victoria Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore