Chair, Physical Therapy #202130FAC
Texas State University invites applicants for the position of Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy in the College of Health Professions. The department offers a Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) accredited Doctor of Physical Therapy. In the fall of 2020, the department included 18 faculty and staff serving 132 doctoral students. The Chair has a 12-month appointment, including teaching responsibilities.
Texas State’s Round Rock campus is located in a growing community along I-35 corridor spanning Georgetown-San Antonio area. With its strategic location in the heart of the innovation ecosystem in the region, Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. Additional information about the university and its nationally recognized academic programs is available at www.txstate.edu.
Reporting to the Dean, department chairs are the chief executives of their departments and are responsible for the implementation of the university, college, and department policies and for the development, coordination, and administration of all academic programs and activities within their departments. As representatives of their departments, chairs articulate program aspirations to constituents inside and outside the university community, develop and implement strategic goals, promote research excellence, and provide collaborative leadership in the College. Dynamic leadership, clear communication, strong interpersonal skills, and a keen strategic vision are crucial characteristics required for success.
Drawing on the assistance and advice of the faculty and staff, the chair has the lead responsibility for the administration of the department and physical therapy clinic, including preparing and managing the budget to achieve departmental goals. In addition, the chair is responsible for teaching schedules, recruitment of new faculty, evaluation of faculty and staff performance, support for grant and external development opportunities, student advising and formulation and implementation of strategic plans and policies. For more information on the responsibilities and role of the department chair at Texas State, please visit: https://policies.txstate.edu/division-policies/academic-affairs/01-02-11.html. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
The department is particularly interested in recruiting an individual who can embrace and enhance the vision of a diverse, collegial, and productive academic environment. Successful applicants for department chair will have the following qualifications.Required:
• Has earned a terminal (academic) doctoral degree from an accredited university (i.e., PhD, EdD, DSc) and a Licensed PT, or eligible to apply for licensure, in the state of Texas. • A minimum of five years of full-time higher education experience, including a minimum of three years of full-time experience as a core faculty member in a CAPTE accredited physical therapist education program. • Demonstrates a record of excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service commensurate with appointment at the associate professor or professor level in the Department of Physical Therapy. • Experience in the effective administration of a university department to include curricular evaluation and design, programmatic fiscal and personnel management, accreditation, and strategic planning.
The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
- Active American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) membership.
- Evidence of physical therapy education and practice advocacy and leadership at the state and/or national level.
- Demonstrates a record of scholarly excellence evidenced by publication record, external funding, and interdisciplinary research experience.
- Effective teaching experience at all levels, including developing and growing traditional and online graduate programs in the fields related to physical therapy.
- Demonstrated student success focused initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership and experiences in building alliances and/or partnerships across the college, university, and academic and business communities.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34598. To ensure full consideration, please submit the following materials by April 15, 2021:• Curriculum vitae; • An application letter describing how you meet the various required and preferred qualifications; and • Names of three references including address, telephone, and e-mail (references will be contacted only for finalists).
The confidential review of credentials will continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Matthew Brooks, chair of the Search Committee, at email@example.com. Please indicate “PT Chair Position” in the subject line of all correspondence.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Round Rock
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Round Rock
- Physical Therapy Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Round Rock
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Round Rock
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Round Rock