Enrollment Services Representative
ENROLLMENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is seeking an Enrollment Services Representative who provides information and excellent customer service to new and returning students, addressing inquiries or issues regarding admissions, enrollment, registration, financial aid, student records, and related student services.
- First point of contact with students arriving at the college. Reviews with students the reason(s) for their visit, answers questions, and assists with students in obtaining services needed.
- Assists and guides students on navigating student portal to execute self-service actions; reviews for completeness submitted forms and paperwork required to complete steps in processes related to registration, advising, and financial aid.
- Reviews student records to help identify steps and documents needed to assist students in the enrollment and registration process.
- Provides general information on academic procedures and processes such as student onboarding, academic advising next steps, testing, and academic and financial holds.
- Routes and re-routes students to appropriate campus office and personnel (e.g. Financial Aid, Academic Advisors, Registrar, and Business Office for more in-depth information, assistance, and problem resolution.
- Provides a centralized location for students to drop-off and submit a variety of registration, financial aid, and student services documents for distribution to appropriate campus offices and personnel
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college, and three years of work experience in customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be able to work Monday through Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 5
Thursday must be available to work between 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday must be available from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Moderate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive situations.
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago