Academic Advisor/Outreach Coordinator
Vacancy Number: S-00692 Position Title: Academic Advisor/Outreach Coordinator Classification Title: Coordinator Department: College of Business Administration Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
The Graduate Programs Office of the Auburn University at Montgomery College of Business is seeking a full-time Academic Advisor/Outreach Coordinator. The incumbent will report to the Graduate Program Director and will provide administrative and program support for the Master of Business Administration ( MBA ), Master of Healthcare Administration ( MHA ), and Master of Management of Information Systems ( MSMIS ) Programs. Key areas of responsibility include processing and evaluating admissions applications; advising ; student professional development; and recruiting activities for the programs. The position will be based on campus, but will require some in-state travel in support of recruiting activities. Occasional out-of-state travel may also be required. In addition, evening and weekend hours may be required in support of program activities. Duties include but are not limited to:
● Develop and implement strategies, plans, and goals specifically focused on communication strategies in the recruitment process, based on university data, trends, best practices, and market research.
● Coordinate communication initiatives with program units and campus partners focused on recruiting graduate students from diverse populations.
● Manage daily communications to prospective students, university offices and external constituents using data, trends, and best practices to guide communication efforts for the college, graduate programs, and campus partners.
● Counsel prospective students regarding admissions requirements, academic eligibility, program options, residency requirements, course equivalencies, and alternative educational choices as appropriate.
● Assist with marketing and publicity efforts, to include but not limited to, update the program website, create marketing materials, and post on social media outlets.
● Assist with planning and conducting informational meetings, sessions, and programs to explain admission requirement policies and procedures; represent and promote the graduate programs at appropriate recruiting or academic events as necessary, including open houses, conferences, etc. Be responsible for presenting the introduction at the information sessions.
● Facilitate the activities for the Graduate Advisory Board ( GAB ) and Graduate Professional Development ( GPD ) programs .
● Coordinate and manage administrative responsibilities for the graduate programs; resolve day-to-day problems; process and maintain necessary paperwork and records. Compile data and prepare administrative and academic reports as needed.
● Coordinate logistics for recruiting activities, on-campus visits, and other program activities.
● Maintain accurate reports related to the engagement of inquiries, applicants, and enrolled students with our communication efforts.
● Support other general office and program operations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to perform and coordinate administrative functions and provide general program support.
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills including working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Demonstrated organizational skills and experience working independently and accurately.
Demonstrated experience taking initiative and exercising sound judgment when making decisions and meeting deadlines.
Proven experience working well as part of a team.
Proven experience coordinating, planning and executing events, information sessions, etc.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
Willingness and ability to occasionally travel to support outreach activities.
Willingness and ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends in support of program activities.
Demonstrated experience supporting a graduate-level program in an outreach or advising capacity.
Proven ability to recruit and counsel students.
Demonstrated experience with student recruitment and advising systems.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of training and experience with one to three years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
Masters degree in a business-related field with prior experience working in a higher education environment with students, faculty, staff, prospective students and external constituents.
Job Open Date: 02/09/2021 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: 105 Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus.
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Additionally, the safety and security of our campus community is a top priority. All employees at AUM are considered to be Responsible Employees and have the duty to immediately report information that has the potential to adversely impact safety or wellness on our campus
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4602 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery