Postdoctoral Associate (70089)
An exciting opportunity exists for a postdoctoral candidate in Muscle Microphysiological Systems (MPS) for disease modeling and drug efficacy testing in the Department of Pharmacodynamics in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Florida. The department invites applications for a full-time, postdoctoral position in a cellular pharmacology laboratory to work on:
- Construct/optimize novel 3D functional muscle units from myoblasts isolated and enriched from muscle biopsy cells (partnership with AdventHealth)
- Develop methods for Muscle MPS studies for muscle atrophy including evaluating electrical stimulation regimes and mixed cell cultures including neurons
- Test efficacy of existing drugs and natural products to assess contraction rate, immunofluorescence changes, senescence and global RNA transcriptomics
- Implement MPS systems with payload hardware for space flight in 2022.
See our video from SPX-21 flight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdWD4UBb8s&t=6s
Candidates must possess a PhD in Cell Biology/Biomedical engineering/Pharmacology or a related discipline and have excellent communication skills to work in a highly cross-disciple environment collaborating with the biomedical engineering department at UF, hardware engineers and payload specialists.
Experience with primary 3D cell culture and immunofluorescent imaging is desired. Experience with MATLAB a plus.
The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications should be received by March 15, 2021.
E-mail inquiries to: email@example.com
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
This is a time-limited position.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/ .
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville