Part-time Audit and Compliance Project Specialist
Job Code/Title 82126 - H - Sr Auditor LG 3 Position Number H82126 Working Title Part-time Audit and Compliance Project Specialist Department Audit and Compliance Services Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $32 - 36 Campus Off-site Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 24 Hours Max Normal work days flexible Normal work hours flexible Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Audit and Compliance Services is seeking a project-based part-time auditor. Hours will vary based on project needs and auditor availability. This position will independently plan, coordinate, and conduct audit, consulting, or special engagements under the direction of audit management or compliance related projects under the direction of compliance services. Engagements may include those on the audit or compliance work plan or consulting requests and special projects that arise. Special investigations of alleged fraud, waste, or abuse or violations of state, health system, or university policies may also be performed. Internal department projects or responsibilities may also be assigned.
• Engagement planning responsibilities include gaining an understanding of the area under review; evaluating risks and controls; developing objectives and engagement scope; and drafting the engagement program.
• Engagement coordination responsibilities include managing time and workload to ensure completion of assigned work by established milestones and due dates, proofreading work for completeness and accuracy, and reporting any significant issues that could cause completion delays.
• Engagement conducting responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: planning and participating in meetings with and interviewing personnel; providing regular updates of status and potential issues; soliciting suggestions from management regarding areas of possible risk or engagement coverage; testing and assessing the effectiveness of internal controls (design and function); determining gaps and compliance with applicable policies and procedures, regulations, laws, legal opinions, and special rulings; performing analytical procedures; testing transactions and reports; evaluating processes for efficiency; gathering sufficient, competent evidence to support findings and conclusions; drafting fact based findings and recommendations that add value or improve processes or internal controls; preparing engagement workpaper documentation in a manner such that an informed person could reach the same conclusion based on the information documented; and communicating and reporting clear, concise, and accurate reports, memoranda, recommendations, etc. to internal and external audiences.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience preferred
• Experience in accounting, auditing, finance, compliance or related fields
• Effective communicator both verbally and in writing
• Skilled in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines and working independently
• Strong personal computer and related skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and in data analytics
• Ability to work in a diverse environment
• Self motivator and team player
• CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CCEP
(Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional), CHC (Certified in Healthcare
Compliance) or CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) preferred
• Experience in higher education and automated work paper, case management, or government regulatory compliance system
• Knowledgeable in IIA Standards or Chapter 8 of the Department of Justice’s Federal Sentencing Guidelines
Job Open Date 02/09/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103236 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond