Postdoctoral Research Associate - Cyber Physical Systems
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Research Associate - Cyber Physical Systems Department Electrical And Computer Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $47,500 to $55,000 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The College of Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, has a postdoctoral position available. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to develop and expand upon a diversified technical skill set while making a positive contribution to the development of new technologies for smart city management, design and analysis of smart manufacturing systems, and the development of smart health care devices and systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience and background in cyber physical system design, analysis and control, design of real-time embedded systems, data analytics. Preference will be given to candidates who have strong experience in model-based system design. In this position, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with a vast network of scientists and engineers. This specific post-doctoral position is expected to contribute to several funded projects. These projects involve the following areas of research and development:
- Embedded systems software testing, verification and validation
- Technologies for Smart and Connected cities
- Integration of data analytics and model-based control techniques
- Technologies for smart health care systems
The successful applicant is expected to work both collaboratively and independently on projects identified by Prof. Abdelwahed, assist with preparation of research proposals, guide graduate students, and document research results in refereed conference and journal publications.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Significant experience in at least one of the following areas:
a. Cyber Physical Systems modeling and design
b. Modeling and control of large-scale distributed dynamic systems,
c. Data Analytics
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
-Ability to work under tight deadlines and short turnaround times
- Ability to mentor junior team members, and ensure the highest levels of laboratory safety
- Ability to contribute to graduate and undergraduate teaching at the ECE department
Job Open Date 02/09/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates for consideration must upload a cover letter of interest, CV, and two professional references to include emails and phone numbers in a single PDF file.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
VCU is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/103198 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond