Bursar - (STA006939)
Directs the activities of Student Financial Services, including the student billing system, loan collections, student financial records and cash handling. Responsible for development and maintenance of student billing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the student billing system; evaluates and recommends enhancements, repairs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Oversees the production of student, employee, and third party bills; ensures collection, reconciliation, and reporting of billings in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Safeguards and deposits all tuition, fees and other monies collected throughout the university; ensures policy compliance of all university cash handling sites.
- Responsible for institutional and federal loan collections and oversees the outside billing agents.
- Serves as liaison to other university department and college business administrators on policies and procedures; represents department on committees and at meetings.
- Provides guidance to department staff regarding customer service and problem solving.
- Remains informed regarding state and federal statutes and laws; ensures university compliance with the laws.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional information / Preferred Qualifications:
- Experienced with People Soft Campus Solutions preferred.
- Self -starter with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Well organized and detailed oriented, excellent communication skills
- Experience managing confidential and financial information, as well as adhering to state and federal laws of securing and the delivery of confidential documents.
- Previous higher education experience a plus.
Additional job duties include:
- Oversees the production of student tuition and fee billing in
accordance with Board of Regents approved tuition and fee
- Coordinates work between General Accounting, SBS IT Staff and departments.
- Oversees testing of student billing for each term and authorizes the beginning of tuition and fee calculation.
- Oversight of all processes related to payment (payment systems, waivers).
- Oversees the safeguarding and deposit of all cash and checks
received by the cashiers. Reviews daily vault count reports and
- Performs monthly audit of vault cash.
- Monitors cashier activity.
- Monitors student billing issues.
- Coordinate with IT staff to solve issues.
- Communicate with students and management as necessary.
- Responsible for managing outside collection agent contract.
- Monitors issues.
- Consult with staff regarding assignment of loans to the Department of Education.
- Responsible for managing student refund contract.
- Complete annual compliance audit in accordance with DoD guidelines.
- Research and respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Responsible for managing collection agency relationships.
- Oversight of assigning accounts to agencies.
- Approval of payment arrangements in lieu of assigning account to collection agency.
- Represents Student Business Services university department meetings and committees.
- Responsible for approval of all departmental expenditures.
- Responsible for approval of all departmental journal vouchers.
- Approval of annual departmental budget.
*Note: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston