Assistant Regional Director- Network Advising Program - (STA006912)
Provides management and administrative support to the Executive Region Director of the Texas Gulf Coast SBDC Network. Responsible for the planning, administration and supervision of the activities of one or more units within the SBDC, which may include various specialty centers. Acts on behalf of the Deputy Director, Network Advising in his/her absence.
- Assists with overall program administration at the regional level to include the development and expansion of supervised programs, overseeing the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for various program funding agencies; development of strategic plans, goals and objectives; and assisting with the preparation of the accreditation self-study guide.
- Develops and maintains public and private sector networks to leverage region resources to better accomplish the region's mission and objectives.
- Assists in evaluating and recommending expansion and/or contraction or addition of business programs and services.
- Assists with the development of programmatic reviews of field centers for compliance with region policies, procedures and standards.
- Develops proposals for funding of new programs or the expansion of existing ones.
- Assists with the development/writing/editing of the field center operating agreement.
- May help identify, evaluate and select specialized tools and resources and implement the training for use throughout the region.
- Maintains a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the program, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- May provide publicity services and public relations for the region program and as needed around the region.
- Maintains effective working relationships with government officials, particularly at the region and national levels.
- May assists with budget development for the network, finding sponsors including assisting with resource allocation.
- Assists the development of external marketing communications including website content,newsletters, articles and social media.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of reporting units, including the supervision of SBDC personnel.
- Responsible for the development, deployment, and outcome of special projects and special initiatives with partner organizations as determined by the Executive Director.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Assistant Region Dir – Advising
- Demonstrated Leadership skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of entrepreneurship/small business development, economic development
- Previous small business ownership and/or senior level management of a small business required, including operations, strategy development
- Advising, coaching, or mentoring of small businesses experience required
- Experience in grant/program management required
- Must possess strong business analytical skills
- Strong supervisory experience of multiple direct reports and units/centers providing business related client services required
- CRM or database management experience required, including creation and generation of custom reports
- Advanced use of incorporating technology in virtual environment – Zoom, Teams, etc., as well as full competency with MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Extensive business development and outreach experience required, including establishing, maintaining and building productive relationships with key program stakeholders and partners
- Excellent oral and interpersonal skills required, and demonstrated experience in making presentations, and engaging in public speaking
- Excellent written communication experience required, including technical report generation, proposal development
- Background in working in the public sector, preferably in higher education
- Experience with running a Small Business Development Center at the director level or above
- Master’s degree in business, management, public administration, or related discipline from an accredited college or University
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston