Assistant Director of Financial Aid (FA21064)
Assistant Director of Financial Aid (FA21064)
Division: Finance and Administration
Department: Student Financial Services
Unit: Student Financial Services211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration given to applications received prior to January 25, 2021.
POSITION: Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
This position leads professional staff assigned to deliver financial aid outreach and advising services, coordinates the work-study programs, and oversees aid eligibility evaluations performed through processes that include applicant verification requirements, professional judgment adjustments, satisfactory academic progress standards, and consortium agreements.
- Master’s degree (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application).
- Three (3) years direct financial aid administration experience in a college/university setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Federal, State, MinnState System, and University financial aid regulations, policies and guidelines necessary to develop, implement and adapt financial aid administrative processes in full compliance with stated requirements.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills.
- Experience communicating complex information effectively to individual and group audiences, both in person and through technology-supported formats.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to apply sound professional judgment to exceptional situations.
- Competency with complex software applications, specifically database and web-based tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop visionary and innovative approaches to deliver student financial services and information.
- Ability to articulate personal commitment to improving students’ access to higher education.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Search Committee Chair
Student Financial Services
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M069M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 12/10/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1732
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.