Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Electronic Media #202128FAC
The School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Texas State University is seeking applications for an assistant professor or associate professor of electronic media to join our ACEJMC accredited and award-winning program. Our ideal candidate is a team player who embraces digital media, cultural diversity, and has a global perspective. In addition to excellence in teaching, we’re interested in a candidate with an active program of current research or creative activity.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach, conduct research, and work with our Bobcat Update newscast and student broadcast chapter. The new Texas State TV/Film studio complex is scheduled to open in 2022.
This nine-month, full-time position is expected to begin Fall 2021. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
- Terminal degree in mass communication, journalism, film or related field.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in electronic media and studio production. The ideal candidate will be able to teach TV news production and one of the following: digital media production, sports media, documentary, and visual storytelling.
- Professional experience in TV news (reporting, producing, directing) and studio production. The candidate should be comfortable operating studio lighting, video switchers, microphones and mixers, studio cameras, graphics and video playback.
- Digital media production experience, including familiarity with DSLR, mobile phones as a video production tool (for live broadcasts and social media) and experience with non-linear video editing.
- Record of activity in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor (less than five years teaching) or associate professor (minimum five years teaching) at the university level. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
- Successful teaching experience with a live student newscast;
- Experience with chromakeying with green screens and using virtual sets; and
- Experience producing live broadcasts and streaming content.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34421.
To ensure full consideration for the position, online applications must be received by March 15, 2021: a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, list of three references, and unofficial transcripts.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Digital Media Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Film & Video Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos