Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Public Relations #202127FAC
The School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Texas State University is seeking applications for an assistant professor or associate professor of public relations to join our ACEJMC accredited and award-winning program. Our ideal candidate is a team player who embraces digital media, cultural diversity, and has a global perspective. In addition to excellence in teaching, we’re interested in a candidate with an active program of current research in public relations or related fields.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach, conduct research, and work with our student Bateman Team or PRSSA chapter. The individual will teach primarily in San Marcos, but may be asked to teach at the Round Rock campus from time to time.
This nine-month, full-time position is expected to begin August 2021. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
- Ph.D. in public relations, mass communication, or related field.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in public relations and strategic communication classes at the undergraduate level.
- Prior teaching experience in one or more of the following courses: strategic communications, digital and social media, campaigns, strategy, PR research, and PR Writing
- Evidence of research production through presentations at international (e.g., IPRRC, ICA), national (e.g., NCA, AEJMC), regional (Southern States, AEJMC Midwinter, etc.), and/or professional conferences as well as through publications in public relations, communication, media, and/or professional journals.
- Demonstrated record of professional integrity and strong work ethic, collegiality and commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Record of activity in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor (less than five years teaching) or associate professor (minimum of five years teaching) at the university level. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
- Teaching and research strengths should complement current departmental curriculum.
- Experience teaching/coaching Bateman or other student competition teams
- Accredited in public relations (APR) by the Public Relations Society of America or interest in earning the APR.
- Professional experience in public relations, strategic communication, media relations, or public works.
- Evidence of online course design and teaching.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34420.
To ensure full consideration for the position, online applications must be received by March 15, 2021: a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, list of three references, and unofficial transcripts.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Public Relations & Advertising Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos