Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation
About Arkansas Tech
Founded in 1909, Arkansas Tech is a state supported comprehensive institution, maintaining regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and classification as a Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) level III institution. It is the third-largest in the state with an enrollment close to 12,000 students. The Russellville campus, located in the scenic Arkansas River Valley between the Ozark and Ouachita Mountains, is just one hour from the capital city of Little Rock and boasts a charming blend of historic and modern architecture, including beautiful grounds and greenery. Offering over 100 undergraduate degree programs and more than 25 graduate degree programs across seven academic colleges and two campuses, Arkansas Tech strives to provide a solid educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. For more information about Arkansas Tech University and the surrounding community, please visit our website at www.atu.edu/hr to find our “Live Here” informational resources.
Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation Science. This is a full time, tenure track position in the Behavioral Science Department within the College of Arts and Humanities. Start date for this position is August 2, 2021
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses
• Effectively advise and mentor students at the undergraduate and graduate level
• Engage students in high impact learning practices
• Develop a sustainable scholarship program, including seeking external funds
• Provide meaningful service to the department, college, university, and profession
• Engage in assessment and continuous improvement of courses
• Perform other duties assigned by the Department Head
• Participate in all trainings and Professional Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• History of working effectively with colleagues
• Ph.D. in Rehabilitation-related field (or ABD with expected completion date by December 31, 2021)
• Professionally acknowledged certification/license in some form of Rehabilitation or Disability related field or currently hold qualifications to gain such certification in Arkansas
• Evidence of or potential for fostering an inclusive environment for diverse populations
• Ph.D. in Rehabilitation-related field completed by August 15th, 2021
Work Location, Environment, and Physical
This position is located in offices and classrooms at ATU. The position is assigned a desk and computer in location that may be in a different building than classroom locations, so the position requires the ability change locations and/or walk moderate distances during the day. Required activities include: teaching and lecturing, sitting for extended periods, use of a keyboard and mouse, use of standard office equipment.
What to Submit
Letter of application, curriculum vita, three references, unofficial copies of graduate transcripts
To be considered for the position of Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation all applications must be received and processed through our applicant tracking system Cornerstone prior to the closing date on March 9, 2021 before 6:00 pm central time.
Please go to https://atu.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=atu to apply now.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Arkansas Tech University is an AA/EOE employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.