Associate Provost for Institutional Research - Dartmouth College
About the College
Founded in 1769 by The Reverend Eleazar Wheelock, Dartmouth educates the most promising students and prepares them for a lifetime of learning and responsible leadership, through a faculty dedicated to teaching and the creation of knowledge. The College is committed to providing the best undergraduate liberal arts experience and to providing outstanding graduate programs in the Geisel School of Medicine, the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies, Thayer School of Engineering, and the Tuck School of Business. Together they constitute an exceptional and rich learning environment. Dartmouth faculty and student research contributes substantially to the expansion of human understanding.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice Provost, the Associate Provost for Institutional Research will serve as Dartmouth’s most senior institutional research leader and direct a team of statisticians and analysts who provide both internal and external reporting and data analysis expertise. The Associate Provost will champion and facilitate data-based decision making, providing senior leaders with the data and analyses needed for program evaluation, policy formulation, strategic planning and accreditation review. Additionally, the Associate Provost will collaborate with senior leaders on strategic initiatives in the areas of educational effectiveness, student life, financial aid, and peer benchmarking, utilizing a disciplined framework of processes around data integrity, governance, and rationalization where a shared understanding is achieved through clear and compelling interpretations and/or visualizations of relevant information.
Planning and Leadership
The Associate Provost will establish and monitor the strategic direction of the Office of Institutional Research (OIR); provide ongoing assessment and enhancement of OIR’s policies and practices, and lead OIR’s staff in the day-to-day projects, programs, research, and reporting methodologies that support the institution; develop partnerships with offices and departments across campus and participate in various planning and analysis committees providing data to support their activities.
Strategic Consultation and Data Provision
Dartmouth is a complex organization. The Associate Provost will initiate the provision of information about Dartmouth for senior officers, other offices, and external agencies, working to assure that the requests are clear, and the data provided are appropriate and consistent; may advise the Provost and Vice Provost on institutional planning and assessment issues.
Oversee Accreditation and Lead Data Visualization Efforts
Serving as Dartmouth’s Accreditation Liaison Officer, NECHE, the Associate Provost will coordinate and support accreditation activities required by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). The OIR oversees the major institutional research products and services, including the Fact Book, benchmarking documents, and reports on surveys conducted by the office; coordinates requests from external agencies for data about Dartmouth such as IPEDS, Common Data Set, etc.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- 10 years in higher education research or administration.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced data analysis and extraction and experience of social science/evaluation report writing and presentation
- Experience participating in a successful accreditation process
- Strong track record of a collaborative and creative approach to leading research design, data collection and retrieval, data visualization, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge and experience in higher education administration and issues and demonstrated skill in working with college officers and faculty
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful supervisory experience
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAS (or similar), data management and the meaningful use of visual representations of data (charts, graphs, etc.) for the purpose of shared understanding
- Strong project management skills
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Ph.D. in related field or 10 years of experience working in an institutional research office with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience leading a successful accreditation process
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Experience with survey and assessment creation and measurement
How to Apply
Please visit: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/56304 for full job listing.
The search committee will commence review of all applications on February 28th, 2021. To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than February 28th, 2021. However, we will continue recruitment until position is filled. For confidential inquiries, please email: Monique.Y.Henriques@dartmouth.edu.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Institutional Research & Planning Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover
- Provosts Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Hanover