Nursing Faculty (9-Month)
This academic leadership position supports the academic mission of Leighton School of Nursing.
Marian University seeks qualified applicants for a Full Time Nursing Faculty position. Reporting to the Dean of the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON), this position will promote Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity by providing didactic, clinical, and laboratory instruction and by working collaboratively with course coordinator and clinical lead faculty. Faculty are responsible for teaching, service and scholarship to Marian University and LSON, including participation in LSON and college-wide meetings and committees. Faculty members must support the overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program and Marian University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Assists in developing, planning, implementing, evaluating and modifying the total nursing curriculum.
- Collaborates with other faculty to ensure the design of nursing course reflects the philosophy, organizing framework, appropriate level objectives, and curriculum flow of the program. This includes selection of required textbooks in collaboration with other faculty, book representatives and completing textbook ordering process.
- Develop, administer, and evaluate courses each semester.
- Establishes clinical rotations for students in collaboration with Director of Community Outreach.
- Monitors academic status of students enrolled in the course and provides academic counseling of students making unsatisfactory progress in collaboration with Director of Nursing Student Success and Academic Success Coaches at partner sites. Maintains written documentation records of student counseling, and performance.
- Assesses and provides clinical orientation for students and preceptors.
- Assists with student recruitment, pinning and other activities.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the practice of nursing required and prior academic teaching at undergraduate level preferred.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University. Must be willing and able to advance the University mission.
- An earned doctorate degree in nursing is preferred. Candidates with either proven or presumptive potential to obtain an appropriate terminal degree to be considered. Experience in nursing in appropriate area of responsibility and credentials with determine academic rank.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana. RN licensure in additional states may be required to teach at partner sites.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: Applications require a letter of application, a current CV, and three letters of recommendation.
Marian University is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Nursing Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis