Nursing Faculty (12-Month)
Marian University seeks qualified applicants for a Full Time 12 month Nursing Faculty position. Reporting to the Dean of the Leighton School of Nursing (LSON), this position may be required to provide traditional classroom teaching, online didactic instruction and clinical supervision in the field to meet the overall needs of the LSON. Full time faculty works collaboratively with course coordinator and clinical lead faculty. Faculty are responsible for promoting Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity through teaching, service and scholarship to LSON, including participation in LSON meetings and committees. Faculty members must support the overall philosophy and goals of the nursing program and Marian University.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively engages the Catholic Franciscan mission by modeling the values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregations, promoting unity, and integrating the Catholic intellectual traditions with those of the Sisters of Saint Francis of Oldenburg in activities, programs, and services.
- Assists in developing, planning, implementing, evaluating and modifying the total nursing curriculum.
- Collaborates with other faculty to ensure the design of nursing course reflects the philosophy, organizing framework, appropriate level objectives, and curriculum flow of the program.
- Collaborates with other faculty and book representatives in the selection of required textbooks and completion of the textbook ordering process.
- Develops, administers, and evaluates courses each semester.
- Collaborates with clinical leads to ensure clinical application of didactic content.
- Monitors academic status of students enrolled in the course and provides academic counseling of students making unsatisfactory progress in collaboration with Director of Nursing Student Success and Academic Success Coaches at partner sites. Maintains written documentation records of student counseling, and performance.
- Assists with student recruitment, pinning and other activities.
- Participates in other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University. Must be willing and able to advance the University mission.
- An earned doctorate degree in nursing is preferred. Candidates with a Master’s Degree in Nursing and either proven or presumptive potential to obtain an appropriate terminal degree to be considered. Academic Rank will be determined by experience in the assigned area of responsibility and credentials.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Indiana.RN licensure. Eligible to hold a Compact License or licenses in additional states as required to teach on line for partner sites.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the practice of nursing required and prior academic teaching at undergraduate level preferred.
Founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, Marian University is the only Catholic university in Indianapolis and central Indiana. In 2019, Marian is serving more than 2,400 undergraduate and 1,160 graduate students earning degrees in the arts, business, education, engineering, math, medicine, nursing, ministry, and the natural and physical sciences. The university’s high-impact, experiential curriculum is designed to provide hands-on, collaborative learning opportunities for students from 45 states and 23 nations. Marian climbed in U.S. News & World Report’s 2021 Midwest rankings, being named the #3 Most Innovative Regional University, #5 Best Value University, and #28 Best Regional University. Marian University opened its College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013, making it the first new school of medicine in the state of Indiana in 110 years. Marian’s national champion varsity athletic programs include the 2012 and 2015 NAIA Football National Championship, the 2016 and 2017 NAIA Women’s Basketball Championship, 2019 NAIA Volleyball National Championship, and more than 40 USA Cycling national championships.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. Required materials include: Resume, Cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Nursing Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Indianapolis