Senior Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator
Position Title: Senior Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator
Department: Director’s Office
Supervisor: Executive Director
Grade: 55, non-exempt, non-union
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Dumbarton Oaks is a research institute, museum, and historic garden of Harvard University, located in Washington, D.C. The institute and its collections focus on the fields of Byzantine, Pre-Columbian, and Garden and Landscape Studies. The Senior Executive Assistant supports the Director of Dumbarton Oaks, who is also a faculty member at Harvard University. The position serves as the public face of the Director’s Office with multiple stakeholders, including Harvard, other national and international universities and research institutes, and the D.C. diplomatic community. The position reports to the Director and Executive Director of Dumbarton Oaks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serving as the administration’s principal point of contact internally and externally, handling inquiries and posting institutional information as appropriate.
- Providing administrative support, including taking minutes and preparing talking points and agendas.
- Conducting research and coordinating teaching-, research-, and publishing-related tasks and special projects for the Director.
- Assisting the Director and Executive Director with project management across the organization.
- Handling complex travel arrangements and processing financial statements for the Director and the Executive Director.
- May manage interns and post-graduate fellows.
- Perform other special projects as required.
Administrative support experience required. A minimum of three years of experience. Proficiency in standard office software.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Experience supporting a senior executive at the CEO or tenured faculty level. Knowledge of Spanish, Greek, or other European languages. Experience in a coordinating or supporting role within an academic environment. Superior organizational skills, confident multi-tasking, proven ability to track details closely. Excellent customer service. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to respond to last-minute changes in schedules, and independently make appropriate adjustments to workflow. Ability to track and bring projects to completion with minimal supervision. Ability to establish professional relationships with colleagues across all levels of seniority with poise and tact. Sound judgment, a high-level of discretion and the ability to handle confidential information.
The position remains open until filled. Please forward résumé and cover letter detailing relevant qualifications by clicking the link below.
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.