Senior Research Grant Administration Associate
In keeping with the Institution's commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity , the Department of Family & Community Medicine strives to create and sustain a culture that reflects the values of integrity, respect, teamwork, innovation, and excellence. We provide excellent care, deliver innovative teaching of primary healthcare, and uncover new knowledge that contributes to improving processes and outcomes. U.S. News & World Report's 2019-2020 rankings placed Baylor College of Medicine as #4 in the country for primary care. Affiliated with Harris Health, we provide multidisciplinary healthcare to the medically underserved urban population in the Houston metropolitan area . As champions for the education of medical students, resident physicians, fellows, and faculty, we recognize the unique needs of students, residents, and faculty and work diligently to provide optimum learning experiences for everyone in our department. Our research, education, and clinical faculty members participate in a range of research projects. We value cross departmental research collaborations, which have included neuroscience, internal medicine, psychiatry, the cancer center, the center of environmental health, and pediatrics.
Striving to enhance the health of families and communities through rigorous and evidence-based research, we cover a wide range of research areas to include: Prevention, nutrition and health; health disparities, diabetes and obesity; alcohol disorders including fetal alcohol spectrum disorders; substance abuse in primary care; antibiotic use and stewardship; and maternal and child health. Our faculty members collaborate with other clinical departments and investigators around the country to help make Baylor one of the most innovative in the country.
The program has been successful in obtaining external research grant funding. Federal sponsors include the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Health Resources and Services Administration.
Provides professional guidance and support to faculty and department leadership in a busy, fast-paced academic department seeking extramural funding through research and service grants, cooperative agreements, sub awards, and contracts. The majority of the position duties are post-award grant administration. Serves as the primary source of expertise for federal, state, industry, and private foundation applications, and ensures that each application is in compliance with sponsor guidelines, the budget complies with college and sponsor requirements, and that all required sections of applications are complete and submitted in a timely manner. Act as liaison to sub-recipients, Baylor Departments, Sponsored Research Office and granting agencies. Interacts with various sponsors and federal agencies, as well as with central departmental offices. Provides administrative leadership, financial oversight and guidance related to sponsored research to department leadership. Strong analytical, finance skills and high attention to detail needed.
Current BCM employees who are eligible to transfer are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Supports PI in development and submission of progress reports, noncompeting continuations, no-cost extensions, and carryover requests.
• Ensures proper review and any necessary re allocations for annual and closing financial reports.
• May prepare financial documents and function as a representative of the Department during funding agency site visits.
• Proactively oversees grant/contract budgets, providing budget projections as needed for PI decision making and avoidance of over or under spending of grant funds.
• Reviews expenditures against funding source guidelines, providing guidance as needed by PIs and their teams.
• Prepares outgoing subcontracts and reviews incoming subcontracts.
• Prepares financial reports and tracks research mission financials for department leadership review for financial performance of grants and contracts.
• Ensures research division faculty and staff have their salaries and expenses appropriately sourced in the financial accounting system SAP.
• Prepares budget for grant quarterly/biannual/annual reporting purposes.
• Prepares grants and subcontracts submissions internally (BRAIN) and externally (Sponsor sites).
• Assures compliance with all guidelines.
• Works closely with Principal Investigators to develop proposal budgets, assemble, review and submit applications, and prepare Letters of Intent for subcontracts.
• Routes Financial Conflict of Interest to the Office of Research.
• Reviews and approves grant applications and associated budgets, certifying summary data in the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network (BRAIN) on behalf of department leadership.
• Assists in the development and continuous improvement of the pre-award and post-award grants management process. Reviews and analyzes current protocols, faculty-staff communication, and quality of the submission process. Makes recommendations for process revisions and assist with implementation of changes as appropriate.
• Participates in annual budget planning and appointment document process with department administrator other key members of the department finance team.
• Responsible for the per-certification process in the Effort Reporting System (ERS). Ensures the department is in compliance with the College's Time and Effort Policy and reporting in the ERS.
• Maintains knowledge base of research administration.
• Serves as a resource for purchasing and travel on grants and may include entering or approving.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree.
- Certification as a Research Administrator by the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC).High attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, working knowledge of research proposal and funding process.
- Thorough knowledge of NIH programs, working knowledge of SAP and BRAIN.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, highly analytical.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston