Research Technician II
The Bijanki research laboratory in Department of Neurosurgery at Baylor College of Medicine is hiring! Join a fast-paced, dynamic program of research and help develop cutting-edge innovations in human neuroscience, neuroimaging, electrophysiology, and next-generation treatments for severe psychiatric and neurological disorders! Check out our website for more info and updates on our projects. https://www.bcm.edu/research/labs-and-centers/faculty-labs/kelly-bijanki-lab
The Research Technician prepares materials and conducts research experiments in the laboratory under the guidance of the PI and senior lab members, including preparation of research equipment, configuration and troubleshooting of research equipment and administration of research experiments.
- Collects research data files from laboratory equipment, compiles the data and maintains data on shared research server and performs basic processing and analysis of data under guidance from the PI and senior laboratory staff.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes findings with a specified scope with regards to a research question, presents the finding to the laboratory in written or oral form upon occasion.
- Documents experiments in laboratory note book and experimental logs including timing of tasks, file names and basic observations.
- Selects and applies routine research techniques such as data preprocessing using an existing analytical pipelines, quality control of data and discussion of findings with lab members.
- Maintains stocks of basic laboratory equipment such as sensors, cabling or consumables and assists in ordering such items.
- Bachelor's degree in a basic science, mathematics, statistics, engineering or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston