Human Resources Manager
The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (VTCSOM) is seeking a Human Resources Manager. Reporting to the Dean, the Human Resources Manager is specifically responsible for managing operational and strategic activities at VTCSOM in accordance with university policies and procedures. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performance management, compensation analysis, recruitment, employee relations, talent development and planning, coordination of training, and human resources analysis and reporting. The human resources manager collaborates with the Dean and Vice Deans and other VTCSOM faculty to develop staffing, retention, recognition, performance planning, organizational design, and career development plans to address future needs of the school of medicine. Further, the incumbent will oversee all human resources processes for the school. This role is located in Roanoke, but is responsible for liaison back to Division of HR on the campus in Blacksburg.
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field, or Bachelor's degree with significant related professional experience.
• HR experience as an HR Manager or HR Generalist providing guidance to management in a large/complex organization.
• Demonstrated experience in multiple functions such as staffing/recruitment, compensation, employee relations, rewards and recognition, and performance management, and organizational development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Additional qualifications include excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as with diverse, collaborative teams.
• Ability to make independent decisions and solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
• Experience in an academic, medical, and/or complex research environment.
• Experience with large relational databases and online applicant tracking systems such as Banner and Page Up.
• Experience interpreting policies and procedures in a large complex organization.
• Professional Human Resources designation such as SHRM or SPHR.
March 15, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisa Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: February 8, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Roanoke