CNC Technical Assistant (PT)
CNC Technical Assistant (PT)
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. This position is performed under general supervision. The successful candidate will be a team player who thrives in an environment that reflects the core values of the College. Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning
The CNC Technical Assistant will be required to work in a classroom environment and to perform the following duties.
- Encourage and assist training students in CNC (Computerized Numeric Control) operation.
- Instruct students about safety and help maintain a focused and engaging learning environment.
- Report to the directly to the CNC Professor.
- Have a good understanding of the CNC industry
- Have experience using manual machines, including metal mills,
lathes, band saws and drill presses.
- Be able to program multi-axis CNC machines and have a solid mechanical aptitude.
- Have a strong understanding of CNC G-codes
- Experience programing and running CNC machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with manual machines in a manufacturing environment.
- A one year CNC certificate or 2 year AOS degree in CNC.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 2/28/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica